My first build....

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!lsE5ZUojfCgBOfQmTtt3Q~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!lsE5ZUojfCgBOfQmTtt3Q~~60_3.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 387
  • china_motor.jpg
    china_motor.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 324
Small set back. I bought three bicycles yesterday blowing a good chunk of monthly bicycle budget. I now own a 20" DUB bicycle. In the future it will be motorized but for now it goes on the stack of projects. The two other bikes I was not even looking for but Craigslist is a temptress. Two 24" Mountain bikes for $10 that work for the most part. My better half has now told me that I have all the bicycles that I need. Silly silly woman; that is like saying you have all the shoes that you will need. We both know that is a lie. HAHAHA

perfect response

You hit the best response ever about having enough bikes. Do women ever have enough shoes? I just brought home a bike I built for my neighbor about a year ago. I didn't buy it but I'm gonna do some work on it for him. Also dragged a minibike out of my barn, cleaned the carb and more and got it fired up. Its a blast to ride but awful small.
Keep up the good bike work.
Jim

Attachments

• 100_2944.jpg
    100_2944.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 148
Well I have decided to put this build on hold until I can get better at this. Mounting the engine is just beyond my abilities at this point. I picked up an o.c.c. chopper just last Friday and that shale be my first real build.

Thanks but no thanks. I appreciate the offer but I have to many things right now to do. I am not giving up on this. Just putting it off for now.

I would be VERY thorough in going through an engine from motovelo. A bud of mine got his there and ended up exchanging a TON of parts- cracked stuff, chipping stuff, plus motovelo's sooper dooper upgrades were done half assed. Unfortunately not many vendors will ship to CA, so many are stuck with that :giggle:

Back