My first build....

Attachments

• $(KGrHqV,!lsE5ZUojfCgBOfQmTtt3Q~~60_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqV,!lsE5ZUojfCgBOfQmTtt3Q~~60_3.JPG
    170.5 KB · Views: 387
  • china_motor.jpg
    china_motor.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 324
It is very sad. I look at the different piles of bike laying around. The frame of the bike just out side my door. The tires and wheels crammed behind one of my old computers. The two stroke sitting on my little work bench next to another old computer I should have fixed last month. Today I am going to work on the bike is all that keeps running in the back of my head.:cool:

yeah i did the same thing. I took welding classes in high school (in the 80's) but I also welded things on and off through the years. the key to wire feed welding is the speed of the wire.
you want to hear what sounds like bacon sizzling while welding. a nice steady sizzle.
once you play with it a little while, if you have any idea at all of how to weld, you'll get it. wire feed's are easy to use.

yeah i did the same thing. I took welding classes in high school (in the 80's) but I also welded things on and off through the years. the key to wire feed welding is the speed of the wire.
you want to hear what sounds like bacon sizzling while welding. a nice steady sizzle.
once you play with it a little while, if you have any idea at all of how to weld, you'll get it. wire feed's are easy to use.

thanks. I have been watching youtube videos for tips on it. got to wait till next week to start playing with it.

flux core wire is horrible unless you invest in hi-quality stuff. spend cheap, expect cheap.

it needs slightly faster wire feed than solid.

it usually always runs "reverse" polarity or positive work,neg electrode.

a standard MIG runs neg work, pos wire. it does make a difference!

you can weld bicycles with a stick welder, but...you gotta be gooood :) not only at starting and holding an arc at low currents, but by being able to usually do fancy "all position" pipe welds. you get paid lots if you master that! and get tickets... :(

practise! practise! practise! learn what a good weld actually is...how its laid, and how it looks when finished. the rest is just practise and finally...well judged guessing :)

use 2 rolls of wire just fiddling! better to buy big rolls and rewind your lil baby spools in the long run.

once mastered...its a joy! then you need other equipment to make bits to stick together!

Back