Bought a 48 Whizzer

The carbs set up pretty good now. It really runs. The belts slip as it accelerates. I have a GPS speedo & had it up to 48.5 mph & wasn't wide open. There's a big hill near my house. My other vintage bikes are doing less than 20 mph when I get to the top. This bike was still doing 35 at the top.

Haven't had much weather to ride these days but I went out on the new build yesterday with my son. He was riding my 99 Whizzer. The 99 is pretty fast. I stayed ahead of him for the trip & wondered why he didn't try to race me. When we got back to my place he told me he couldn't keep up with me. On the last stretch before my house I passed right by him & he said he was wide open. This thing is fast. It has one of our high lift cams in it & I can feel the difference this cam makes.

The 1948 Whizzer was not a complete motorbike. It consisted of only the engine, tank, & accessories, to be mounted on a Schwinn bicycle.

The 1949 whizzer was the first complete motorbike, ready to run.

Hal the Elder, age 76.

The 1948 Whizzer Pacemaker was the first complete motorbike from Whizzer. It was a 24" model and rumors indicate the very first ones had an "H" motor. The early 1948 Pacemaker had the seat attached like the average bicycle using a seat post, whereas the later 1948 Pacemekers had the seat attached "motorcycle" style with 2 large springs and the front of the seat attached to the frame with a small bracket. Most 1948 [99.9%] and all 1949 Pacemakers had the "J" motor, and was changed to the "300" motor in 1950 and 1951, and the 1952 [last production] sported the "700" motor with the built-in alternator.

Have fun,

I guess I was misinformed regarding the first complete Whizzer.

The 1948 Whizzer Pacemaker was the first complete motorbike from Whizzer. It was a 24" model and rumors indicate the very first ones had an "H" motor. The early 1948 Pacemaker had the seat attached like the average bicycle using a seat post, whereas the later 1948 Pacemekers had the seat attached "motorcycle" style with 2 large springs and the front of the seat attached to the frame with a small bracket. Most 1948 [99.9%] and all 1949 Pacemakers had the "J" motor, and was changed to the "300" motor in 1950 and 1951, and the 1952 [last production] sported the "700" motor with the built-in alternator.

Have fun,

I read somewhere online that the 1949 model ws the first complete Whizzer, but who should know better than Quenton?!

HAL

Back