Another 99cc Predator build

jbcruisin

Local time
6:50 AM
I got an engine. All this talk about the 99cc Got me convinced to buy one. It's going in my blue bike. it has a 49cc Hua Sheng in it now.

Attachments

• EZ bike 2 005.jpg
    EZ bike 2 005.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 2,973
Hi Jay,

Just a quick note about the bolts needed to mount the Q-Matic as they are somewhat different than you would suspect. They are 5/16' X 24 [fine thread].

After looking at your pictures, it might be wise to upgrade the bolts in the motor mount to a larger size, as the 99 CC motor is a lot heavier than the 49 CC. If 6 MM on the plate [side] use 1/4" X 20, and consider replacing the long 6 MM end bolts with 8 MM or 5/16".

Motor sure is mounted low, and should be a great ride because of the lower center of gravity.

BTW, the motor is very strong with a tuned flex pipe. It needs to be 3.5" longer than the tuned system on the 49 CC motor. The slightly longer pipe takes advantage of the torque curve of the 99 CC motor, and still extends the RPM range near 6000.

Might want to put a Tachometer on the setup, as I don't think the part plastic flywheel is too happy running above 6000 for an extended period of time [mine wasn't].

Sure looks to be a sharp looking ride!

Have fun,

Soon ready to install it all. here's some pics of engine & drive stuff. The drive came out of the blue bike I posted a pic of in the first post & was attached to a 49cc Hua Sheng.

Hi Jay,

Make sure there is clearace between the clutch hub and the valve cover. If the clearance is minimum it might rub the valve cover as the clutch hub [bell] floats on the output shaft.

Lookin' good!

Have fun,

Back