opti 2 100:1 mix

I believe it is a organic type of oil . the whole mystique about this oil is that it can be used with any type of machine that is a 2 stroke . allegedly it does not matter if the 2 stroke recommends 50: 1 40: 1 70: 1 30 :1 excetra . supposedly has supreme lubrication properties that will allow it to be straight 100 to 1 mix . I have a friend that runs this and he runs it is this chinese 2 stroke engines which I think is crazy but he has run it for over 2 years without any problems . all of his chrome plating is a cylinder is toast and his engine keeps on going which may not happen if he was using other types of oil. as for myself I am personally sold on it I am going to finish off my redmax synthetic and move over to opti-2

Well it is beginning to get off topic but the better the engine usually the better the chrome plating in the cylinder. The Chinese engines are cheaper and thus the chrome plating is thinner and comes off easier through use and time. Usually when the cylinder plating goes you would want to pick up a fresh cylinder but my buddy is broke and stubborn and the opti 2 has so far allowed him to keep running that setup on his bike with no problems. When he build up the head kit for the grange race in october he put hi performance rings on his high performance piston....when he was telling some pwople the brand of rings he was running they implored him to check his head cuz thise rings ( I forget) r notorious for ripping the chrome off tge cylinder walls......I am sure you can find a thread or two about Chrome plating

Thanks Chris that's what I thought you were saying. The fact that the rings still seal and the engine runs fine after the chrome has been ripped off the cylinder walls certainly proves the Eutectic additives in Opti 2 work just as described......almost like magic!

its a 12oz bottle and it dos not say injector oil,but they have that allso.it says.opti2 is a semi synthetic blend that exceeds the highest worldwide performance standard edg++and is fully compatible with oxyngented fuels.word for word all i really can tell you is my little bike runs super good on it

This is my first Opti-2 fillup, so no long term observations.

My Tanaka 47R engine never smoked and always had power. I bought it new; it's broken in, as I have almost 2000 miles on it. Rpms range from 2700rpm-8000rpm; cruising rpm is @ 7000rpm, where hp peaks @ 2.8hp.

Since my original fuel/oil mix was 50:1, I knew there'd be less oil spray on my bike and my clothes.

Sure enough, now there is less oil spray to clean up.:geek:

Last edited:
ya thats another good point.no oily mess.plus it has feul stabilizers in it as well. i dont really know what that means but it sounds good.

I have been using the generic version of opti 2 . its made by the same company and is the same stuff but its sold by tractor supply under the name Arnold. It comes in the same 1.8 oz packets and Is 100 to 1 ratio I paid 1.49 for each packet but the results have been great. The engine oil spray is gone, it smokes way less and although I cant say its any faster wide open ( my jetting is not perfect so it four strokes a little at wide open) its no vibration sweet spot speed is up 6 mph. . It used to be vibration free from 15 to 20 mph then it would vibrate slightly to about twenty five then vibrate more as i got over thirty. now its vibration free all the way up to 25 , 26 mph then only vibrates slightly to 32 - 35 mph which for my led sled is fine with me!. I cruise at 25 mph all day vibration free and am very happy.

Attachments

• CIMG0387.jpg
    CIMG0387.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Back