modding a daemon friction drive to a for a cy460r

Chevy,
I' got a kit like yours that had the same initial problems, warped clutch bell, etc.
I eventually got it working after basically remanufacturing the #@$* thing.
I guess that's okay since I enjoy tinkering, but If you just want a reliable, no
hassle ride get a staton fric-drive with a honda gx35.

wish i had

Gotten a staton kit but oh well. This one is good to go if I had an engine. Im bumming cause I cracked the frame on my SchwinnPed scooter :eek: the engine it runns is the 54mm clutch so it wont work on the fricbike mount.

Actually,
your staton kit should have holes drlled to receive a 54mm on the channel
as well; mine does. you just need to order the spacer for a 54mm from staton
listed under fric, drive parts.

Last edited:
The staton is ready for either but ive got a steel knockoff ebay buy "deamon brand" manufactured in canada i think. Its fixed modded up good to go but im without funds to purchase a 460 " its gotta be a cy46r in good condition." Im going to just wait till i stumble upon a 460 at a good price. The time i have put into this thing i wont just let it be a paperweight for too much longer. I need a bigger spindle and a bit more fabrication "I need to weld on a tab for a goped tank to mount to" as well as a tensioning mechanism, once i get a motor ill get her runnin as soon as possible. The Motobecane moped throwback will come to fruition i swear it!

Well...
I've just discovered something about my staton I'm not too thrilled about.
It rains here a lot in winter and the staton slips when wet, but I knew that.
Anyway, I just finished converting my old BGF fric-drve to a belt drive so
I could ride in winter. So, I pirated the clutch drum and spacer off the staton.
It seems that after a little more than 2 gals use the drive roller diamonds have
turned to little round pimples. No wonder I've got no grip. At this rate, I'd be
going thru 5 or 6 rollers a year at $20 a pop. This does not make me happy!
What does make me happy is that, after a number of unforeseen set
backs my belt drive conversion is finally working like a charm.:giggle:

Back