clamshell adaptor from livefast motors

I'm about to install one of these aluminum "clamshell" hub adapters (with a 56-tooth sprocket).

Should I put anything between the adapter and the hub, like a thin sheet of rubber? Or is it standard to just install these adapters "metal to metal"?

Creative Engineering's adapters are machined 'to fit' your specific hub - no shim is needed, or should be used.

I believe the livefastmotors clamshell adapters come with rubber shims, as they are much more generic in nature. (and as a result, less 'precise.')

I'm about to install one of these aluminum "clamshell" hub adapters (with a 56-tooth sprocket).

Should I put anything between the adapter and the hub, like a thin sheet of rubber? Or is it standard to just install these adapters "metal to metal"?
Which hub adapter do you have?
Where did you buy it from?
Is it made by Manic Mechanic?
What hub are you installing it on?

If so it is very important that it fits precisely with no shims.

The instructions are here www.mmbikeparts.com

Hub Adapter

If anyone is running a Schwinn, Huffy, Worksman or La Jolla 26" coaster hub you should check out the Howard Adapter. It's a Rock Solid piece. No one that has used it ever said anything bad except it's a little bulky. It IS a Solid piece of metal. Sgt. Howard of this site should still have some for sale. You will not be disapointed. A couple of people on this site are using it, so check out what they have to say about it. I've been running one for a couple months with NO problem.
Big Red.

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 548
Back