New lighting system.

Ok little confused now. I have the batteries and am trying to draw up the plan. I'm planning on connecting them in series(12v) to the head and tail lamp. I have a diode and am planning on running the WW from the engine to the batteries to charge them while the lights are off. Since I am running them in series what is the correct way to run the wiring from the engine to the batteries?

Need HELP PLEASE

I have been gone for a bit.:sick: I am looking for a thread on building a volt. regulator that I can use the white wire to charge rechargeable AA batteries. Not sure how many batteries I'm going to need until I find the lights I want to use.:confused: I'm stuck using a old piece of :poop: computer, that is so old I think it is made of rock.:thumbsdown: I'm having trouble going through all the threads on the subject with out a lock up!:sick::bomb:Can any body help me?:whistle:Thanks Dan:confused:

Sorry; Had a lock up:mad: Need schematic & specs:unsure: I've seen a couple of threads, just can't find them:( can any body redirect me? THANKS:bowdown:

It should. But, you will need to swap out the 4 diode bridge rectifier on it's input to a single diode.

It's discussed in an earlier white wire thread in this forum; the HT engine only uses half of the AC mag output to power the cd; we can pull quite a bit more current off the mag if we leave THAT half untouched, and only pull current from the unused half of the AC cycle.

So are you saying to use the white wire as the neg. (-) side of the mag.? The readings posted people are saying that the voltage readings are higher useing the white wire as the neg. side.:unsure:

Back