engine or engine and rack mount or the whole bike for sale

Hi guys,

some of you know me by my screen name and i won't need to explain much of who i am. others will need background and i suggest a look at the " TREK 4500 / GP460 now twin belt jackshaft " thread in the rack mount forum.

i'm that guy.

i have moved on to another commuter vehicle and so ............................

i'd like to sell the GP460 on it's own,

or the GP460 w/ the rack mount,

or the whole bike, engine, rack mount, fuel and lighting system.

for reference pics you can go to posts 19,40 and 66 in the mentioned thread, i can also post more as required.

have a look and give me some PM feed back or offers.

thanks,
steve

had a response on the GP460 so it looks like the bike is going to get parted down.

i have a real nice ThudBuster long travel seat post to sell then. you can look it up online or on ebay.

mine is complete w/ original box, all 3 sets of compression pucks, the allen wrench for adjustment and the original instructions.

$100.00 plus shipping

i guess the rack and jackshaft set up might interest some one, if not i'll probably recycle the aluminum.

i might have other stuff, but since it looks like i'll be keeping the bike it won't be much.

thanks,
steve

had a response on the GP460 so it looks like the bike is going to get parted down.

i have a real nice ThudBuster long travel seat post to sell then. you can look it up online or on ebay.

mine is complete w/ original box, all 3 sets of compression pucks, the allen wrench for adjustment and the original instructions.

$100.00 plus shipping

i guess the rack and jackshaft set up might interest some one, if not i'll probably recycle the aluminum.

i might have other stuff, but since it looks like i'll be keeping the bike it won't be much.

thanks,
steve

Is the rack/jackshaft a single speed, or is it connected to the cassette gears?

Myron

this is set up as a single speed. after i ate a dozen or so chains and cassette derailers with this engine i gave up on changing gears on the fly.

the gearing can be changed in the cassette though. of course you have to be willing to stack a pair of gears the way i did, BIG drive chain. your engine needs to turn the same as the GP460 and i used the 5:1 scooter transmission too.

also, i have a freewheel in the crank, so although the engine is driving the cassette the pedals aren't moving. there is NO engine torque applied to the derailer or pedal chain and crank at any time this way because there is no resistance to chain travel.

there are real good pics and explanations of this in the twin belt thread.

thanks,
steve

the engine and rack have been spoken for. the sun ringle big fat mammoth rims w/ shimano disk hubs and bontrager hank 2.2 tires nearly went with the engine but shipping was prohibitive to pacific islands.

they are still off the bike and boxed to go if someone wants the pair for $125.00 + shipping.

if they sell i'll craigslist the frame and forks, if not i'll put them back on and sell the rolling bike there.

thanks,
steve

Back