How to ride LEGAL in Colorado?

Backward is the beauty of it. a lot of 'em are still living in the wonderfully
naive '50s. They may not be urbane or erudite, but they're not quite as
stressed out & paranoid. I've been to Salina Kansas. You'll probably get
stopped if you have outa state plates.:) (I was)
I'm thinkin Miami......Oklahoma. Substantial native American population,
fairly moderate clime. I've lived on a bunch of rezes. I prefer 'em to
white folk except for the alcohol abuse. No hypocrasy other than the
political APPLES. No twisted grasping materialism, just plenty of rusty
yard art & ugly dogs.

Last edited:
Backward is the beauty of it. a lot of 'em are still living in the wonderfully
naive '50s. They may not be urbane or erudite, but they're not quite as
stressed out & paranoid.

True...but living in the past means you will never be able to live in the present or the future. That lie of the past is the only thing you have. "Groundhog Day" is only fun and livable if you realize the past is the worst type of narcotic.

I've been to Salina Kansas. You'll probably get stopped if you have outa state plates.:) (I was)

Happens quite a bit in the Bible Noose as well.

AW, the future's too damn scary, & bible thumpers give me a wide berth.
J. witnesses show up at my door & it's:" Come in ; take your clothes off!"
They're gone in a cloud of dust.
p.s. My van's 28 years old, runs like a champ.
Oh, I live in a great many dimensions; the past is only one.

AW, the future's too damn scary, & bible thumpers give me a wide berth.
J. witnesses show up at my door & it's:" Come in ; take your clothes off!"
They're gone in a cloud of dust.

Don't have to worry about the thumpers personally...but the whole town is over run by them. If only they would actually read their Bible...rather than make life harder for those of us who don't care...living here would be great.

Love that second part. An old buddy of mine used to strip nude when he would see them coming and answer the door with a beer and a herb cigarette in each hand and invite them in. Says they would hit the street before the gate would swing shut behind them.

p.s. My van's 28 years old, runs like a champ.
Oh, I live in a great many dimensions; the past is only one.

Both of us enjoy the past...but don't keep trying to keep it alive as the present.

I'm too busy to worry about it one way or the other. I'm rich, not with money,
but with hands that make useful things. That and being young at any age is
another treasure. I'm frugal, more content with what I have than a rich man
who will never have enough to be satisfied. If I need something, I make it or
dig thru thrift stores & garage sales 'til I find something that'll work. I've got
more miles this year pedaling than the motored bike & driving put together.
Not just cheap, it's fun.

I'm too busy to worry about it one way or the other. I'm rich, not with money,
but with hands that make useful things. That and being young at any age is
another treasure. I'm frugal, more content with what I have than a rich man
who will never have enough to be satisfied. If I need something, I make it or
dig thru thrift stores & garage sales 'til I find something that'll work.

We two are too much alike. The big difference is that I'm going to be looking some place where I should be happier and fit in a lot better than I do now.

I've got more miles this year pedaling than the motored bike & driving put together. Not just cheap, it's fun.

Worked on the MB today. Got it running after putting on the new 2-stroke manifold/carb...a new plug and changing the oil. Rode around the neighborhood turning heads...as well as feeling more and more like my old self. Still need to get the carb properly adjusted somehow...but it will run. Here's some of the pix I took today you should enjoy:

2 Stroke Build A.jpg2 Stroke Build B.jpg2 Stroke Build D.jpg2 Stroke Build E.jpg2 Stroke Build G.jpg

It's been sitting for 2 years...so I need to get it cleaned up. Plus...will be getting some blue/black/clear fingernail polish from the dollar store to touch up some of the rust stains. It runs and now I don't care if the state requires insurance or that sticker...I'm going to ride and enjoy myself.

If anyone is wondering...I got the carb and throttle housing from Dax in Littleton and the 4-stroke manifold for the 2-stroke NT carb from Venice Bike in California. It does not come with a gasket or the bolts. I used the standard rubber gasket from the 4-stroke carb and got some 5mm-0.8x20 8.8 HCS Z bolts from a national bolt franchise. A package of 5 comes in a package for $3.00 a piece. Didn't have to use some flat washers I bought with them...so I have them for another use in the future...if I need them.

Both of us enjoy the past...but don't keep trying to keep it alive as the present.

No offense, but you can take that, barb backwards, and shove it.No one is important enough to tell "anyone" how to be "anyway",that reeks of hyprocracy in your former post complaining about churchies telling others how to live.As long as it doesn't impose on others live and let live! There are whole sub cultures who choose to live in the 50's FOR REAL.They live (in their homelife) as if it was then, the houses look like a movie set, the women know their place (and say they're happier, if that's not PC, boo hoo), wear dresses (how classy!).All those 50's TV's, mixers, ovens, washers, dryers still work, and or are still repairable/useable; see if that the case with anything made these days.Most societies only have so many good decades, think of the 80's as the era of Nero fiddiling away, our glory is behind us, if you have kids it must be a drag to come to grips with.
Places with less populace are the last vestiges of feeling free.

There was then such a thing as quality American manufacture. There still is;
it's just a little harder to come by.

Anyone notice the OP? Any comments on that subject with the date in mind?>

Back