Helio Motorized Bicycles

Welcome to MBc. I read your PDF. Sorry to hear about your bad experience with HELIO. You might consider making a complaint with the proper CA Authority. I did some searching for you and came up with the DCA. The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is a department under the California State and Consumer Services Agency. DCA has a 'Complaint Resolution Program' to help resolve disputes between consumers and businesses. Complete instructions on how to do this are in a video on You Tube. Put in the search string 'CalifDCA', and it will be the first one at the top of the page...How to File a Complaint. It is complete with addresses and toll free numbers. Good Luck, and again, welcome to MBc.
Patrick

I will be polite so I do not offend you and further dig myself in a hole with the jumpy members and moderators on this site.

U got ripped off and could have saved a ton of money had you purchased a gebe bike kit.

BUT since you still have it you might as well make the best of it tear her down and build it back up. New paint ect.

When those helio guys came out I called there probing them and i got the impression that they were mooks.

The only "high dollar" motored bike kits worth considering is the golden eagle kits.

If those are out of the question u should.just buy the Chinese junk and pray you get a good engine.

Attached PDF: Customer experience with Helio Motorized Bicycles in Temecula, CA.

Sorry to hear what happened to you.They most likely had it built up with a 4G on it and when you placed your order they removed the 4G and sent it to you.Not thinking it would not line up with the EZM(IMO).Or they could still be mad from getting probed..ouch:giggle:

I will be polite so I do not offend you and further dig myself in a hole with the jumpy members and moderators on this site.

U got ripped off and could have saved a ton of money had you purchased a gebe bike kit.

BUT since you still have it you might as well make the best of it tear her down and build it back up. New paint ect.

When those helio guys came out I called there probing them and i got the impression that they were mooks.

The only "high dollar" motored bike kits worth considering is the golden eagle kits.

If those are out of the question u should.just buy the Chinese junk and pray you get a good engine.
I have a golden eagle and love it....

Hi Arlene -

I am sorry to hear of your disgusting experience. But you did everyone in this world a huge favor by posting this real-life series of events. Untrustworthy "dealers" must be brought to light so that other consumers like you are not suckered in by this "bait-and-switch" scam.

I had a similar and very expensive experience purchasing a kit airplane. Many parts never appeared, damaged parts arrived, and so on; the same experience you had. I broadcast my experience to many Experimental Aircraft Association chapters and posted on RipoffReport.com. I will never fully recover my losses. But what is more significant is that I know at least half a dozen potential purchasers changed their minds before sending money. And many other potential buyers will go to reputable dealers.

Watch out for Helio! Don't get burned!

The attached PDF will give you an idea of how at least ONE of Kyle Craw's customers was treated. It's pretty scary. Proceed with caution.

Attachments

• Helio.pdf
    289.1 KB · Views: 527
The attached PDF will give you an idea of how at least ONE of Kyle Craw's customers was treated. It's pretty scary. Proceed with caution.

I'm going to chime in here and say I think it's bad form to post anonymous horror stories.

I have no dog in this fight, have never done business with Helio, and have no idea who Arlene1991 is. But unless the .PDF was written by you, Arlene1991, then you owe Helio an apology.

It's impossible to evaluate a complaint without knowing who wrote it and the circumstances surrounding it. As someone who has dealt with the retail public, I've personally seen some of the bizarre and outright destructive things people have done to merchandise, and then heard the outlandish lies they told to cover it up.

Now it's also entirely possible that everything in that .PDF is true. Or it could be a competitor trying to discredit Helio. Or a former employee with an axe to grind. Except without any background or author, it's absolutely impossible to tell. Which is why you don't pass along anonymous stuff like that.

Arlene1991, that was a jerk move on your part.

Hey, I'm all for letting people know when Vendors Go Bad. In fact, I've got a few small "test" orders right now with a couple of vendors who are very active on MBc. And trust me, if I get screwed I'm going to complain loud and long right here. But my complaints will be first person, and all facts verifiable. They won't be the "I saw this guy on another board who said he saw some other guy whose brother-in-law's sister's boyfriend's mother said this guy told her that....."

So, you got a story about something that happened to you? Post it. But if it's just something you saw somewhere else, forget it.

Back