For those who have been pulled over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got pulled over at 12 at night. Im 16 didn't have my licensee on me. He got all my info full name address ect. Asked me what i was doin up so late with a loud bike in a high school parking lot. Hard to answer. But legit I was working on my bike and JUST then went to test it. No helmet but he seemed pretty nice and told me that if I could peddle it home do so.
coulda been worse but here in Kansas all you need is a learners to drive one of these "motor ASSISTED" bikes.

When I had my 50cc motorbike (limited to 30mph and fully legal without license or registration) I was stopped at a police checkpoint. When they found out I was a foreigner, the two cops spoke to each other for a while then one came back to me saying that I needed a plate and proper ID (I don't carry my passport in case I get robbed, I carry a photocopy). They said they would impound my bike and I'd have to pay roughly US$450 to get it back.

Or...

Perhaps I could pay a smaller 'fine' now and be on my way. "How much?", I said. "How much have you got?", he answered. I got my wallet out to check and he quickly told me to put it away, looking around nervously. I was carrying almost nothing so I told him he'd have to impound my bike. He explained it to me again, as I had obviously had not understood correctly. He gestured toward a nearby petrol station with an ATM and suggested approx. US$90 would cover the fine. He also requested I fold the money up inside my paperwork out of sight. A friend warned me that cops here often plant drugs or fabricate evidence when you get on the wrong side of them. I was soon on my way again...

Since then I've avoided main routes where they set up checkpoints and have recently sold the motorbike. The other week I went through a checkpoint on my motorized bicycle and they didn't stop me so I'm feeling a bit less stressed when I ride now. I wasn't doing anything illegal, but it seems that the cops here aren't as law-abiding as me!

Last edited:
Ollie here it isn't the cops who shake you down it's the courts. Cops are just doing their jobs. A $100 speeding ticket can triple by the time the court fees and other $$$s are added in.

i once annoyed a judge by not calling him "his honour". what exactly, do they DO thats so honourable? get paid a ransom just to wear a wig and tap tap tap with their pooncy lil hammer? (shoulda seen the number of people that got busted when the tranny lawyer, all six foot 3 of her(him?) stood up for his(her?) case hearing! tip... keep a straight face when the tall blond lawyer stands up and starts to speak!)

contempt. pfft. they couldnt do much :) still was gunna lose my license, either way. just a matter of if it was one year or three. and having no job at the time just meant they couldnt fine me anything, either :)

rio? aint that brazil? (my geography is pretty lousy) yeah...i woulda just paid the "fine".

what was that movie where they go down to mexico and the cop wants a BJ from one of the guys, and in the end asks wheres his BJ or his thousand peso "fine"? :giggle: i think it was jennifer anniston in it...not sure.

Yeah, I'm in Brazil. Bribes are pretty standard here, whether or not you break the law. It's like the cops are just another street gang, except they have helicopters, armored vehicles, rifles and body armor. And that 'contempt of court' thing is BS, the judge is just another human being and should have to earn your respect like everyone else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back