For those who have been pulled over...

Status
Not open for further replies.
who said "cops dont want honesty" ?

:giggle: well said!!!

anyways. i was pulled over years ago, my first mb ever!

husquvarna brushcutter. bmx. and no muffler after stacking it (feet in the front tyre for brakes) and breaking of the exhaust port...oops :)

anyway, zooming round the local shops..i was young! and see the highway patrol! so ducked down a side street, led em around on a wild goose chase through the back streets. he gave up, drives off and sees me pulling out another street, rips up the handbrake and were off again!

he was laughing his head off when he caught me... yelled at me...got my home number and rung my mum to verify i wasnt BSing him... laughs again and tells me to fix the muffler...

then. nothing. 10 years,license...32 offences later, back on the MB!

so i left work for lunch the other day. shops are 2 mins away. put me helmet on, went"ah, only going the shop", removed helmet...and got pulled over.

threw bike to the ground, one officers like"your fuels leaking out"
im like..."meh"

they both laugh, get me details, ask how it copes with galston gorge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IhDJ2wIlo (that was my 4stroker huasheng, and the other side is way steeper :p)...tell me to push it back to work... drove off :)

treat them with respect. id be a complete Ahole if i had the prospect of getting shot daily to wake up to...

Last edited:
Cool video! That aint safe to be doing on normal tires and w/ what your runnin Bro!

Awsome countryside! Didn't know Aussie's had it so good!

not too mention only one brake! that broke... :eek: into one of those hairpins...at 50.... :giggle:

i did mention 32 offences didnt i? :p

we do have it lucky, theres some beautiful roads, especially around where i live, just unfortunately, we are let down by the morons in charge... we arent really the land of the free anymore, just the land of pay up or else!

and what exactly are we paying for? the roads arent maintained, their full of idiots that really shouldnt have licenses...(me!), and as for our hospitals and other public services...:giggle:

Just got pulled over last week for running a red light!
It was late at 9pm or so after helping with youth group at church and a Del Taco run afterwards, the leaders decided we'd go swimming since it was still 80 out. I was half way there when i stop at a light i know will never change for me unless i go press the walk button so i look both ways and run it. As i'm half way throught the intersection i look back and think to myself that a Charger front end, what are the chances its a cop? Sure enough lights me up with the spot light thing and walks up to chat with me. Asks for ID and why i ran that light. I wouldnt if i had seen you behind me cause it would have changed for us soon but it never changes for me on a bike. He had already flashed his light across my bike to see it and asks where my headlight is. I tell him it fell off and sho him the hose clamps that had help it on still on my bars.

This is where it gets good. He asks if i use any street drugs... nope just came from church actually and getting food. He has me estimate 30 seconds with my head back and eyes closed. shines his light on my lids while closed. i tell him when i got to 30 and it was actually 40 seconds. I tell him how i hoped it had been better since i play ultimate frisbee every week and theres a stall count. He takes my wrist to measure my bpm while looking at his watch.
Feeling curious i asked him what the tests were for and he says Amphetimines and that my eyes were fluttering when i he first saw me. i said it might be because of my contacts and the wind and he said those shouldnt matter(which i still think do). He tells me to get a head light and mount my tail light higher cause he could hardly see it, hands me my ID and tells me to stay safe. i say thanks ask him for his name shake his hand and i'm rolling again...

So no tickets for the red light, having an ID and not a drivers license, no headlight, both earbuds in which you cant while driving(still hanging from my shirt during the stop), no plate, and since he never asked me the size i didnt have to tell him my 80cc is a 48cc. All in all a very blessed night.

Last edited:
I've only been stopped to answere questions on this thing, usually after, "Hey, have you got a minute?" The local Sheriff is considering ordering one of our 'Harleys' if they ever come to pass- look good in parades decked out in 'Okanogan County Sheriff's Patrol' Livery. Gonna see if I can get other adjacent counties to take a similar attitude. I'm told that on the coast these things have to be registered as MoPeds with an actual MoPed VIN- guys buy the plate off a boneyard relic and tack it onto their machine. I'm in Washington State- the Coast is liberal democrate country while the interior is largely conservative. The law varies by the countys' interpretation thereof.
the Old Sgt

Hey headsmess no wonder you got pulled over! YOUR ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD!

Hey, 'Mort!

The disability thing can be a real help with the cops. I got my Dr. to ride my trike around in his parking lot, then write me a "Prescription letter" describing it and prescribing it as an "assistance device for mobility impairment" due to the neuropathy in my legs. I kept that tightly rolled in a ziplock bag inside the handlebars of the trike. Only needed to pull it out once to show to a cop - funnily enough, a bicycle patrolman on the riverside bike path.

My new trike will have a "slow moving vehicle" placard (like you see on tractors) mounted at the back.

Simon, been worried about you, have not talked in a while! Glad you seen my post! In your shape my friend, they should be shot to give you a hard time! Glad you are ridding!

I hope I make your age although my physical appearance don't give the perception.

It sucks when you have to swallow your pride and show a note. This is America and you shouldn't have to. I remember when you first started your build, I'll be checking for pics! (hint, hint)!

How is neuropathy definned? I get constant twitching in calf, aside from back injury, what else could cause it?

Best wishes, rubber side down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back