Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WickedWheelz

Local time
10:29 AM
Hey everyone! I'm still new to the motor bike world but I have completed my first build! I love riding my motor bike. The only question I have now is after the first 2 tanks of gas what's the oil:gas ratio? The first 2 tanks I mixed 16:1. Now that the motor is broken in what oil:gas ratio should I be using? I'm wondering if there are better ratios that make the motor faster or more quiet? I don't need speed because you can only go 30mph on a motor bike here in Wisconsin. Any ratios I can use to make the motor running smoother and more quiet? Anyway, can anyone give me some insight on which ratios work better after the first 2 tanks of 16:1????? Thanks!

WickedWheelz
GO GREEN

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one that doesn't know how to use the "search" button. This topic has been covered no less then a 100 times.

Yeah I think so to Al.Fisherman

So this thread for now has become a "sticky", so all who care to can post their opinions on oil ratios and oil ratios

If anyone has a thread on oil ratio, post the url of that thread here to so things don't repeat themselves.

later on we'll try, get some sort of oil ratio chart happening in Metric and Imperial etc.
:rolleyes:

My .0268547812 cents worth

16:1 for the first gallon of fuel used on a new motor.

Dpending on the whether, on hot days ( T-Shirt and Thongs ) what I feel is 20:1, depending where I'm going, other side of town etc cos I got a up-hill "battle" getting back.

Moderate warm whether, ( 2 T-Shirts and Sneakers) 25:1

Other days, 30:1

Oil Brand, for me cos it's cheap
Valvoline.

On my good builds with more money spent, well I go a bit better and look after it. Still experimenting but research has indicated the Amsoil range.
However, I would not use Amsoil racing oil on a HT cos I simply don't race.
For me it's "Kroooze" range. I'm in no hurry.

Last edited:
Ok obviously I haven't done enough searching for the answers I was looking for lol! Either way I used 16:1 for the first 2 tanks and the 3rd tank I tried 20:1 and it seemed to run better. I'm on the 4th tank so I think I'm going to try 25:1. So far for being a noobie I guess I just have to try things for myself and see what happens!

im curious on these ratios.. and yes i have searched i simply do not understand. i got a nice 66cc bike and it works great, and was pre used. the guy told me the tank is 1.8L and he said for each L of gas, 2 OZ of oil. WTF does that translate to with all this 20:1 stuff. Sorry i dont get it. Also is that the right ratio? also when im fueling up, should i put the gas in the bike, then drop the oil in? or should i have a seperate container with gas, put the right amount of oil and shake it so it mixes first? Probly a total LOLOL question but im noob.

Last edited:
whats an oz? im aussie, we talk cc or millilitres...

convert oz to cc, convert litres to cc, reduce results to lowest fraction....

1:20 = 22:440 = 5:100

1:37 = 3:111 = 18:666

:rolleyes: uni grade maths?

yes, you should be buying a 5 or 10 litre can and be mixing it, measured properly.

i just dump 1l of oil into a 20l drum.then hope the servo station is accurate with the fuel. mixes as it fills :) then a reckless drive home through the back roads does the rest.

choose a convenient ratio and stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back