Tires Cleaning whitewalls

I was kinda looking for a home remedy. My wife takes all my money you see... which leave me with coming up with inventive ways to save as much money as possible for what she calls "A waste of money".:D (IE my motorized bike)

Not sure where you are from, but if you have a Dollar General store nearby, get a gallon of "purple power" cleaner for $5. Works great and cleans just about anything around the house. Tell the wife you bought it for her. :cool:

Baking soda stirred into a paste used with some kind of brush.

A little bit of bleach does a good job of making yellowed white walls look new again. Or you could spray them with aluminum cleaner and rinse. Just don't get the cleaner on chrome because you will not like the after effect.

Spray on some peroxide, let it sit for a few minutes, scrub lightly, and rinse. It should have fewer side effects (on the rubber) than chlorine.

I use Comet for the white walls on my Harley (Don't have WW's on my MB). Wet the tire, shake the Comet powder on there, scrub with a coarse brush till it has a paste on there, then let sit and scrub again, rinse. May take 2 tries with REALLY Dirty white walls (Like after windy mountain runs xP) But it get's em clean! Wife asks, say you got it so SHE can clean the tub! xP
I've also used Trisodium Phosphate (TSP). It's an industrial cleaner I use to prep for painting and for my sneakers! Mix a little with water, maybe 1/4 to 1 ratio and scrub. Rinse hands after use thou, after about 5 minutes it will iritate and possibly burn. but gosh does it clean!

Back