skrew37

Local time
6:48 AM

Attachments

• STEM.JPG
    STEM.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 8,452
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Pics of the handlebar stem turned seatpost...

Here are the pics... I guess I should have followed up on it... pics or it didn't happen, so they say...

Attachments

• IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3,004
  • IMAG0242.jpg
    IMAG0242.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 5,739
  • IMAG0053.jpg
    IMAG0053.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 3,884
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 3,335
i fabbed my own out of the stock seat post. didnt cost me a dime, i cut a pie shaped wedge out of the material ( like a relief cut) bent bar back until edges touched and welded a bead on the back of it. looks cool, strong, cheap. im 230 and have had this through two builds and about 500 miles.

Is the vertical post 1" and the horizontal past 7/8.

Is the vertical post 1" and the horizontal past 7/8.

Yes, I think so. I remember the one end fit perfectly into the seat tube, but I really had to coax the seat on to the other half... I hope this answers your question.

i fabbed my own out of the stock seat post. didnt cost me a dime, i cut a pie shaped wedge out of the material ( like a relief cut) bent bar back until edges touched and welded a bead on the back of it. looks cool, strong, cheap. im 230 and have had this through two builds and about 500 miles.

I did the same thing on my old BMX bike, but this looks like an easier solution. it looks better than my welds too, but that's here nor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back