BMP saved

Happy Valley,

I too am a fan of Staton's designs. He is pretty much a one man operation, and his strong point is his products - not his communication or product promotion. If you are aware of this and are willing to accept it going in, you can expect to have a reasonably good experience with his products.

Regarding Staton's pricing relative to his competition though:
When BMP lowered the price of their product on eBay to close to the $100 mark (I don't remember the exact figure), Staton matched this price on his eBay listings for his equivalent friction drive. If you wanted a good friction drive at the time, that was one heck of a deal!

Lastly, I do not understand the great loyalty for BMP that their customers profess on this site. BMP was a simple and reliable friction drive, but nothing particularly special.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got some of them just in case.
I can always use them for a DIY friction drive project involving a 1/2" shaft & 2 pillow block bearings.
-Lowracer-

Yeah, he must have quite a pile of them.

10 rollers (yes, a total of TEN rollers!) for only $40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drive-Rolle...527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item415cfe89c7

These are custom made parts and you couldn't make them for anywhere near that.
If you had plans to get into the friction drive kit business, these would be a pretty good item to stockpile...

Hi Silvaire and All,

I sent James a message through ebay, and no response.

Maybe I should just take the hint.

It would've been nice if he gave me ONE MINUTE of his time and let me know one way or the other.

Someone posted that this business may be a "labor of love" - so much the better I guess?

:)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Well if james is not gonna continue it and not sell it put it out of commisin period. Close the web site and all. No need to lead people on like this. I was not gonna wait for him to decide what he is gonna do . dax has my business for now on sorry james you snooze you loose . This comunity doesnt wanna wait for ever cause there are other vendors like dax and statton . friction drive rule china girls drool

One would have to believe and unhappily accept that he was selling 10 rollers on ebay for ONLY $40.....

There is NO MORE BMP OR INTENTION OF SELLING IT!

One would not give away inventory like that!

I am new here, and have decided on a friction drive using a Honda GX35 4 stroke motor. I was hoping BMP would be back in business soon, because I am interested in their kit, especially the jackshaft conversion which allows you to use a chain drive with the same kit. No one else has this. I am also looking for quality, so I will probably go with a Staton friction drive kit if BMP does not reopen very soon.

I am new here, and have decided on a friction drive using a Honda GX35 4 stroke motor. I was hoping BMP would be back in business soon, because I am interested in their kit, especially the jackshaft conversion which allows you to use a chain drive with the same kit. No one else has this. I am also looking for quality, so I will probably go with a Staton friction drive kit if BMP does not reopen very soon.

Yeah I wish they were still around too.

I have the dual extra kit that has the belt and chain drive, still sitting in the box. My FD is suiting me just fine for now.

I was thinking about sourcing the parts and selling the kit, but from what I am understanding, this biz can often be a "labor of love", not profit.

With the cheap foreign kits out there, its tough to compete on price.

You cant go wrong with Staton, only you wont have the flexability that BMP newly offered before going out of business.

Good Luck! :)

Back