Break In am i running my new engine too hard?

the same sound an earplug makes when it hits the floor. very distinctive, and is nothing at all like the sound a marshmallow would make.

as for the bore being too large, that should sound roughly like a tin can with one marble inside it, rolled down a 32 degree slope with a smooth surface, ensuring the tin has exactly three layers of bubble wrap around it, and one is standing behind the closed door up at number 117...

:)

oil mixes...ill stick with the 50:1 ratio. might go make some 100:1, but thats just for the outboard, and thats only using marine oil. 50:1 never hurt any engine of mine. far better than the bad old days of just pouring however much in and getting clouds of noxious smoke.

plug colours. the colour is irrelevant unless the plug is the correct range. a 10 will ALWAYS be black and dirty on these engines.

a 2 might be good for our mid winter russian sputniks... but is useless in australia at WOT for longer than a minute... it will ALWAYS be white, no matter how rich it gets.

5-7 is the standard, ideal, and theres sweet f all difference between the three(5,6,7) and even less difference in performance. once the plug is right, then WOT chops work.

thats NGK numbers and i dont bother with any other brand so why worry about why a champion 8 is hotter than an 82 but is way way cooler than a 19...

and finally, break in.

im classed as a "FLOGGER", ie, its WOT from the word go, with a tuned exhaust, and that still equates to the distances of 10,000+ WHEN you get a GOOD engine.

you might get 100 from a lemon, if lucky. gotta sort the good from the bad with real world tests!

interesting that my lil OS fs 26 manual says for break in "run full throttle for the first tank but half a turn rich to run cooler, adjusting 1/8 turn on each subsequent flight". had to go do the reference after giving it a new ring and cylinder liner :)

treat em like precision equipment, delicate lil things, and theyll die and fold at the first chance.

treat them like rubbish, smack them up a bit, and they hang around for ever it seems...

remind you of anything? :giggle:

My brother. I can tell by the way you talk I obviously you know what you're doing. I have a couple small disagreements although not always bad about the wide open throttle as long as you're on top of your engine if you know what I mean and yes on the spark plugs it all depends where you live how long and trips you usually ride the bike I happen to go with the 6 I don't run long distancesI am definitely not new to Motors. Or two strokes hell that's all there were when I grew up...the one thing u could have not said better than the last part which I was laughing my a off by the way .is a lemon is a lemon .sometimes there's a way around it whether it be Mill the head or ceiling up leaks in the intake.
I would like to say this though if and I have noticed most of the guys on here are usually kids and I think that's a great thing if you ask me this should be a requirement and school for each kid to building on one of these and make it run good for at least 6 months that would be a great thing it would give them a good understanding of a motor at least a two stroke that is but that's where it all starts

Back