Clutch Skyhawk GT5 wont disengage when clutch lever pulled

ChainsawBikeNoob

Local time
2:41 PM
I'm pretty sure I have the clutch cable hooked up to the clutch arm correctly but when I pull in the clutch lever the engine is not disengaged from the back wheel. I can't peddle to start the engine so any help with the clutch arm would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 791
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 697
Hmmm looks like the metal arm is too far out? If the clutch is disengaged can you move that metal Arm back? Does it have a lot of play? If not
Then check the pin that actually pushes the clutch. Might be worn

That last thread was helpful. I think that is the same problem I have but I wasn't able to get the ball bearing loose. I even tried to force pedal to see if that would help get things working smoothly but it was impossible, i just broke my chain. In the middle of the accompanying picture is something i'm not sure what it is, but i was wondering if it might be important to disengaging the clutch. I've heard something about a ball-mount but i never knew what that was. thanks for any help, i'd really like to be able to disengage the engine so I can finally start my bike.

Attachments

• photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 548
The item in the middle of the picture is where the cable is supposed to go. It guides the cable to the arm and supplies tension. Take the cable off of the arm, run it through the top of the barrel, put the small spring on then run it through the lever. Leave about 1/8 inch play and tighten the holding nut.

003.jpg

006.jpg

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 502
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:
Hey Chainsaw, I've had the same problem a few times with new kits. I think your clutch disc is stuck to your pressure plate. Try taking the clutch cover off the right side of the motor to expose the pressure plate. Then pull and lock the clutch lever in the disengaged position. Use the handle of a screwdriver and tap the pressure plate. It should release. If not you may have to loosen the clover nut in the middle of the pressure plate a few turns then do some more tapping. The little button shaped clutch discs behind the pressure plate are sticking to the pressure plate. Good luck

Hey Chainsaw, I've had the same problem a few times with new kits. I think your clutch disc is stuck to your pressure plate. Try taking the clutch cover off the right side of the motor to expose the pressure plate. Then pull and lock the clutch lever in the disengaged position. Use the handle of a screwdriver and tap the pressure plate. It should release. If not you may have to loosen the clover nut in the middle of the pressure plate a few turns then do some more tapping. The little button shaped clutch discs behind the pressure plate are sticking to the pressure plate. Good luck

It will never release with his cable routed that way.

I can tell you right now that the clutch arm is too far out just by looking at the pics.
you need to adjust your cable big time. you should have a tiny amount of movement in that clutch arm with the clutch engaged (handle released).
if you have the clutch handle released, and you can move the clutch arm real easy, it is too far out.

and, both springs need to go on the cable between the clutch arm and the mounting post that the cable runs through. you have the small spring in the right place, but the large spring is supposed to go over the small spring.

and, both springs need to go on the cable between the clutch arm and the mounting post that the cable runs through. you have the small spring in the right place, but the large spring is supposed to go over the small spring.
the large spring goes over the cable housing to protect the housing from the heat of the engine.

Back