USA Piston Bikes Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
9:53 PM
motorized-bicycle-california-piston-bikes.jpg

Piston Bikes experienced staff have been building and repairing custom built and restored Schwinns and Beach Cruisers for years. Piston Bikes is a motorized bicycle dealer in California.

Products: Motorized bicycle engine kits & parts, bike parts.
Address: PistonBikes, 4212 E. Los, STE 3163, Simi Valley, CA 93063

Last edited:
Piston Bikes is fast enough to take your money, and don't bother to tell you you kits on back order until you have to call and ask.
So far its 4 business days since I ordered my engine kit and it still hasn't been shipped.
When I called I was told its being shipped today(twice so far) and STILL no shipping number.
Buy elsewhere...
BBB

Ok... engine kit ordered on 3/6/11, its now 3/13/11 and it still hasn't been shipped, when i tried to call today i got no answer.
If you buy from piston bikes, make sure you do it by phone and make sure its not on back order, you must ask, because they wont tell you till AFTER they have your money.
Buy else ware.
Thats the last time I'll order from them.
$234.00 for a GT5R super rat engine kit including shipping tied up for a week or more due to there deceptive practices, i would have just ordered else ware.
DO NOT BUY FROM PISTON BIKES.
BBB

Heres a post from a newbie who cant post here because he doesn't have his 30 posts in, I've removed his name.

"I'm not allowed to post on the review/poll section until I have 30 posts, but I'm going through the same dilemma as you are with piston bikes. I also ordered a Super Rat on 3/3/11. They printed a shipping label and gave me a ups tracking number, but ups still hasn't received the package for shipment. I emailed Robert@pistonbikes.com and he replied that he would put a "trace" on the motor and get back to me. I've emailed him twice since then asking if the motor was on back order, and haven't gotten a reply. I'm glad this is not a bike I'm building for a customer... Please copy/paste this message on the review thread so that others know that you aren't the only one experiencing problems with these clowns."

I'm not sure if the Mods will strike this post, but if there are any more of us out there please contact me via private message.
My order WAS for a customer who has now pulled out and canceled his bike/. I lost the sale, and i had to give the gut a refund BECAUSE piston bikes conveniently forgot to mention the kit was on back order at the time of the sale.
I ordered mine op 3/6/11, and they still havent shipped it nor have i gotten a tracking number
Sloppy at best, deceptive at worst...
DO NOT BUY FROM PISTON BIKES
Hit me up guys, I want to help.
BBB

A small bit of progress,
Today,3/14/11 I checked my email and found that Piston bike has printed a UPS label, BUT UPS itself doesn't confirm that they have received the package yet... sound familliar?
I'm so tired of this its not funny.
PISTON BIKES-
INFORM CUSTOMERS THAT AN ITEM IS OUT OF STOCK OR ON BACK ORDER BEFORE TAKING THERE CASH.
Thanks for killing a sale on me.
BBB

ordered a tire and tensioner sent me an email right away with tracking # 3 days got my stuff liked there web site also! no problems

I should be fair and mention that it was only a 1 week delay
(7 business days) and they did try to deliver as promised.
Other wise they are pretty good.
How about a longer warranty for builders? some times the kit doesn't go right on a bike and you cant tell if its a lemon till its to late.
BBB

Parts

I purchased two Grubee Throttle Handles. They came with nice rubber grips and the kill switch attached. They are both going strong 8 months later.

I purchaed two High Voltage Caps. They are far better than the ones that came in my kits.

I purchased two Locking Clutch Control Handles. Nothing special here, they are both very much like the ones that came with the kit but they both do lock properly.

I got all these parts in one order and it was delivered within 5 days after paying. I am very happy with them and would purchase from them again.

I placed an order on 8-21-18 and over a MONTH later NOTHING, no product or communication. I called and asked for a refund and over a week later, NOTHING, no refund or communication. I filed a complaint with Paypal and the BBB.
Stay away from here!!!

Back