need help, clueless

bocajnam

Local time
2:27 AM
so there is only one motor bike in my town and not much knowledge about them so im asking for someone to make a list of what i will need for materials and the steps to making a motored bike (i.e. what i will need to weld and all the different steps)

Nahhh

You need to do research, and you've come to the right place. All the answers are here.

You need to read.:unsure:

I agree with 5-7 100%. Do you research first. Decide what kind of build you want to do, meaning frame mount, rack mount, friction drive etc. If you don't know what those terms mean, you'll find out by doing your homework here on the forum. They all have their pros and cons. You also need to research you local state laws. Motorized bikes are totally prohibited in a few states so I understand. Engine size is governed by states as well. Some states limit engine size to 35cc, but I think most have a max of 50cc. I will recommend that you get the largest engine allowed by law in your home state. Japanese name brand engines are probably your best bet too, be it a 2 or 4 stroke engine. All Jap engines are not made in Japan though. Most are. I have a Honda that is manufactured in Taiwan. But as long as it has a Japanese name on it, you'll be all right with it. There are a lot of choices out there. Most builds/kits are fairly simple, especially if you're mechanically inclined. Don't let the info you start gathering scare you. You can get a descent kit (engine, mount, total complete kit) for under $300.00. Do you research and what you don't understand, start asking here on the forum. There are a lot of good, friendly experienced people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, go to the photo album and look at all the photos. You can get some great ideas of what you want to do as far as looks. Your imagination and pocket book is the limit ! But.being a beginner, I'd keep it cheap, and simple. Cheap as in price, not quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
well thus far i decided i prefer the schwinn cruiser look.
let me know if this frame (http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-Men-s-...0000003260420&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13398149) will work with this engine with a fame mounted engine(http://www.shop.motorizedbikeparts.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=32) and if this engine kit is a bad choice let me know which one would be better

now i have a few questions on the bike i displayed it has a coaster break so i understand i will have to remove it is that hard? i tried looking up how but i still did not understand how. and from reading on here i understand there is a problem with fenders which i don't fully understand either. do i have to remove the front one? back? or both? just what will i have to do to prevent loosing my face. lastly the bike im showing, can i paint that frame with spray paint or not? and how about the engine?

Rear fender MIGHT have clearance issues with your engine chain.

I see no reason why you cannot spraypaint the frame.:geek:

I like the pedal brake. i would buy a sprocket adapter and a new sprocket from piratecycles1.com that way it frees up your handle bars with fewer brake levers and is a solid set up.

so your saying a pedal break will be just fine with a mb? i did not know you could use a pedal break with one and would

Back