Boardtrack/bobber vintage motorcycle thing

You are doing the same thing I did 50 years ago only I had a little newer motor. How about this move the jack shaft up behind the seat post like a wizzer. Then you should be able to get the belt in without cutting the frame. Thats what I did. Looks like the same clutch When it reves up it pinches the belt to go? were did you get it?....Curt

The clutch was already on the engine when I bought it. No idea what it is or how tough it will be.

I have an old brass fire extinguisher that I gutted and that is going to be mounted behind the seat tube. I have not shown you that yet!

The clutch was already on the engine when I bought it. No idea what it is or how tough it will be.

I have an old brass fire extinguisher that I gutted and that is going to be mounted behind the seat tube. I have not shown you that yet!

The way you have the tape in the picture you will have to cut the frame to get the rear belt in. Just so you know. I have been looking fr one of them clutches I don't think they make them anymore They work good.
The extinguisher will awesome...Curt

Yes you did went over this old farts head. No pedals Do you know the laws? be a motor cycle then.....Curt

Yeah, I know the laws. But I also know the Police....:whistle:

I work at a shop and we tune all their bikes. I have had a few talks with them.

Yeah, I know the laws. But I also know the Police....:whistle:

I work at a shop and we tune all their bikes. I have had a few talks with them.

As far as I know there is no one that has a motor bike in town so don;t know how leanent they are or how stricked. That is good to know will eventualy find out......Curt

The way you have the tape in the picture you will have to cut the frame to get the rear belt in. Just so you know. I have been looking fr one of them clutches I don't think they make them anymore They work good.
The extinguisher will awesome...Curt
a good way to solve this. Make where the rear axle bolts through 2 pieces. the top bar has a hole and the bottom bar. Unbolt the axle and slide the belt through the two bars

One more way. You can find a piece of bike tube that can slip over the chain stay tube. You can make a clamp out of it and cut the chain stay tube. Put the belt and clamp it back. Just like a sleve fits right over the cut.

Love your build. Any more progress? Can't wait to see the fire extnguisher mounted.

Last edited:
Back