Boardtrack/bobber vintage motorcycle thing

I was noticeing your jack shaft you are steping up the ratio to the rear. Have you done anything sence your last post?

Me, I am using the Chinese engines for convenience but this is way more cool.

That thing is really cool, Beau! I have to say, I LOVE the wheels, and I know for a fact that those little Briggs motors can pull! I have a little 1/2 horse washing machine motor that will pull me at a top speed of about 30 MPH. I think that that thing is a beast! Also, I like the "English" style brake handles. Now, I need to end with a question, where did you get that disc brake on the front. I've been looking for one, but all the ones I can find are like $150 and up! Thanks!

Last edited:
Because I used inverted levers designs fr a road bike, it posed a problem. I didn't have enough cable pull for the standard Avid BB5 caliper I originally made up. I ended up using a Shimano disk caliper that is designed for road brake levers. I made the disk mounts freehand, and modified an existing disk brake caliper adaptor to work.

It's a mix of old and new. Old brakes don't work. I get a lot of **** for hanging it instead of a drum, but drum brakes can't touch a 203mm disk brake.

Mechanical (cable actuated) disk calipers are pretty cheap tough. If you are running linear pull brake levers, you should be able to find them for $15-20 used.

My original, HEAVILY modified caliper- It was an Avid BB5

DSCI0076-9.jpg

DSCI0074-10.jpg

DSCI0075-9.jpg

I'm looking on Ebay, but they all are $50 and up. I gotta ask, where can I find them for $15-20? Thanks for getting back Beau!

Nice to meet you today Beau!

I do remember reading this thread!

Nice build!!!

-Kirk

Hey Kirk!

It's been a while since Torque Fest! Your cycle is amazing! One of the best builds I have seen so far.

Nice to meet you!

Beau

AWESOME bike Beau I remember your build. I just love them old briggs engine builds or any of the old small engine used. That brake has the same action as the lawn tractor or go-kart has and you canget them at Northerntool.com or AGK. Just not as fancy as the bike one.........................Curt

Back