Unique gearbox for weedeaters.

Try ChipIn and Pledgie. (websites that allow you to conduct your own fundraiser via paypal). If you show or write something interesting, many people might give you $1 for good luck. If you promote it enough, you might get the attention of an investor.

Unuque gearbox for weedeaters

This thread is a little short of details so we are left guessing how this was done. From what I see I'm reminded of the Mantis tiller. They have a small wormdrive gearbox, and have both small Honda 35cc engines and some are two stroke. One would need to get the gearbox plus the clutch housing(2 separate pieces), and section them, and heliarc them together to shorten the whole bit. Machining would be required. The clutch housing fits the larger clutch.
I wouldn't be surprised to learn that this is what this is. But if not, I'm sure the Mantis pieces can be used to do the same thing. I've seen both the gearbox, and the clutch housing on e-bay.

I recently posted details of my custom gearbox for weedeater type engines, I am quite proud of it. I got some great feedback and it started me thinking about building them from home to sell.
would anyone be interested?
It solves all your gearbox problems neatly, I couldn't break the prototype even though I tried, and it's easily adapted to a large variety of motors including electric.
If you have any questions or suggestions put them here...

thats sweet!! how many miles ya put on her so far?

It's been running without problems for years now. The gearbox is great, unfortunately Honda motors are not so tough. I have a Robin (Subaru) motor to try next. Unless I scrape some funds up, in which case I'll put an electric motor on it.
Thanks for your comment.

It's been running without problems for years now. The gearbox is great, unfortunately Honda motors are not so tough. I have a Robin (Subaru) motor to try next. Unless I scrape some funds up, in which case I'll put an electric motor on it.
Thanks for your comment.
I liked the honda engine but i only rode 20miles one time on it. I know the robin engines are good. They last a long time. The bumblebeebolton kit has proven it self to me also. I ride the heck outta my kits. The only one i haven't really rode much was my golden eagle and im thinking about making it more reliable and maybe using it a little more. Its just a thought though. Its been raining alot.

Electric motors are junk you can only go so far. With gas you can go as far as you want to. They are cool though being able to ride around without a noisy engine. It sucks they haven't made a battery that can go hundreds of miles. They have electric ferrari it pretty much a big slot car! The lithium battery it uses weighs 1,000pounds. We need a lighter more effeciant battery. But of course thats a post that should be in the green zone!

Garp,

you never did start a new post on your design. Is it similar to the Aseako/Tonaro electric drive system? Or did they copy your idea?

http://www.aseakoelectricbike.com.au/central-drive-system.html

http://www.tonaro.cn/products.html

http://www.hightekbikes.com/midmntpics.html

midmountslvr13_lg.jpg

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Don't get me wrong, the Honda engine was good. I've hammered the guts out of this little motor, I'm surprised it took as much as it did. It's still running, it's just a little tired.

Back