Carby what are the advantages /disadvantges of getting the "speed" carb?

I had a NT speed carb that came with my Grubee motor. It worked great till the bike was dropped and the carb cracked. NBD. I got another standard carb. The differences seem to be simply:
The speed carb has a fuel shutoff, has a bigger slide, and different jet and needle sizes, and possibly a deeper fuel bowl. It also has a drain screw.
The latest one I bought came with a red filter cover and foam element.

The standard carb I am using now has a brass ring, foam filter element with a wire screen, and a white plastic cover. Both use the same 2 mounting screw holes in similar pattern, and the filters are interchangeable.

hi guys
not to be a spoil sport

my carby as sold by pirate cycles
http://www.piratecycles1.com/desha15wlech.html

and as u can see theres a billet inlet but that is extra

as for tuneabillity
totally
only here in aussieland rse has
http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au...category_id=15&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1
as a better carby again :whistle:

my motor is a full rse 48cc hp2.5
sbp shiftkit 2hd
expansion
an my dellorto is set for my motor but i had to retune it for the expansion
which i recommend u buy now before u go any further with ur carby

brad
sydney

Carb Issues...

"2nd gen is still bulky, untunable, heavy garbage".

This is probably the most appropriate statement I have heard regarding the CNS carb. My bike is my 3rd build (my 1st had 4800 miles on it b4 I sold the bike) and this past build has been a CNS...
"Put it on a stump and shoot it with a shotgun"?? I wouldn't waste the ammo! A couple of shots of a good Scottish Whiskey and a heavy mallet would be more appropriate for this piece of trash! I have fought with this one (a new NT coming) and poured SO much fuel on the ground that I wish I could us the mallet on the hands of the inventor of this junk! I LOVE my bike(s) and have alot of fun riding them...but to have this much trouble with one little piece of equipment is unacceptable. So do yourself a favor...dump it, beat it, throw it under a bus...but don't use it...the NT is SO much better...just an opinion and FYI:cool:

LAZY? I dont thinks so...

Well to me the advantage of the speed carb is that it is common and cost $25 USD.

You are right...WE aren't lazy...frUGal would be my estimation...
I ride mine from Maricopa to Chandler every day (when its running bcuz of the crappy carb) which is 18.3 miles one way. Oh aye....my car is insured, and full of fuel...but most days it sits in the drive....and I REFUSE to pay almost $4 a gallon to get to work when I have an alternative. Lazy has nothing to do with it..
For those toying with the idea of GETTING a MB...
Consider these points:
1. (In AZ) As long as it has workable pedals...it's STILL a bicycle!...which maintains all the rights and priviledges a bike does...
2. NO insurance or license needed...Motorcycles DO need these ..in addition to a M/C license endorsement!
3. You DON'T have to wait in lines of "lemming" traffic!
4. Fresh air...sights unseen before...time to be "by yourself...
5. Ok...you STILL have to pay the current price for gas...but here's the figures I work with...
$4 a gal...112 miles a week to and from work..."advertised 100-150 mpg.
THAT means that I'll use ONE gallon of gas for the WEEK!...Instaed of 2 gallons a day...still not convinced? Find someone who has a MB..give it a ride...
You'll see what I mean...

Last edited:
If anybody has a CNS they don't want, I would like it. I'll pay shipping for it. donate it to science. I want to epoxy one to a intake manifold, instead of using the white spacer.

"2nd gen is still bulky, untunable, heavy garbage".

This is probably the most appropriate statement I have heard regarding the CNS carb. My bike is my 3rd build (my 1st had 4800 miles on it b4 I sold the bike) and this past build has been a CNS...
"Put it on a stump and shoot it with a shotgun"?? I wouldn't waste the ammo! A couple of shots of a good Scottish Whiskey and a heavy mallet would be more appropriate for this piece of trash! I have fought with this one (a new NT coming) and poured SO much fuel on the ground that I wish I could us the mallet on the hands of the inventor of this junk! I LOVE my bike(s) and have alot of fun riding them...but to have this much trouble with one little piece of equipment is unacceptable. So do yourself a favor...dump it, beat it, throw it under a bus...but don't use it...the NT is SO much better...just an opinion and FYI:cool:

the NT regular carb and Speed carb will fit the stock intake elbow. If the offset/long one is the same size at the end, you should be set.
I think bikeberry and Pirate sell the long z-shaped manis for $10-15.

I am going to get the Speed Carb, can I use a standard manifold or do I need to get the offset manifold?

Go to Daves Discount Motors or Sick Bike Parts, about $15 will get you the UFO type or ADA "racing" air screen. They look like breathers on old v8 drag race engines.

The red speed cover wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact it just reminds me of the CNS carb.

Well, like I said, I don't have an NT speed, but I was looking at them only last night, and noticed that they were saying that you needed to modify the clutch locker bolt thing on the motor to lower it to compensate for the deeper float bowl. Or correct me if I'm thinking of a different carb, now I'm not absolutely certain!

EDITADD:

2nd gen is still bulky, untunable, heavy garbage.

80cc Engine with speed NT Carby?

Hi guys, im new to motorized bikes and im looking for help or opinions about a Nt "speed carby"
The bike my engines on is a smaller bike and the motor just fits so i cant put a race carby but i would like to do an upgrade and i found the NT Speed, does it make a difference speed/power wise? Does it make it louder?

Cheers, Nathan

Back