Tubes Lets Talk Flat Tire Fixin"

I like to be prepared as much as possible.
1: Tools required to remove wheel and remove tire and tube from wheel
2: Tuffy Tire liners
3: Spare tube, Rema patch kit in case of a second flat.
4: Also carry something to boot a large hole in a tire. I use a piece of levis material soaked in contact cement.
5: Read the linked article by Sheldon Brown and remember because of the higher average speeds traveled by motorized bicycles you are more prone to flats from a pinched tire. Meaning the tire is forced down to the rim.

Super tubes! Good quality tire levers. (the kind that come in 3 and stack are nice). And tire slime. Auto parts stores sell vulcanizing patch kits for cheap. Rubber cement also can be had in little glass jars from craft stores, including a swab attached to the lid.

There are some BMX jumping tubes that are very thick and come in one straight piece that can be looped, so you don't even have to remove the axle.

I was trying to figure out what a leviss was, but I think you mean a denim patch, like you put on the knees of blown out jeans. haha

Yes I do mean denum. The slime is a no go for me. It is great with things like cactus burs and thorns. If you get a larger hole the slime will poor out and not clog the hole. At this point you better have another tube.

I've cut a chunk from an empty water bottle to make a boot, and it got me home. A piece of denim should work, as would a piece of scrap pool drain hose (PVC/vinyl, 2 inch hose, flexible...)

You can also use a long piece (82+ inches) of pool drain hose as a very tough tire liner

Attachments

• image_13458.jpg
    image_13458.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 226
Back