How to carry extra Gas for long commute? Any Ideas?

Oh and also I don't have a saddle bag. I am just using my Northface Backpack. Im going to be carrying the following. I made a little list. IF there is any more things you guys think I should add feel free to contribute!

10mm Wrench
13mm Wrench
14mm Wrench
Socket Wrench
10mm Socket
13mm Socket
14mm Socket
15mm Socket
Cone Wrench Tool
Allen Keys
Spoke Wrench
Flat Head Screw Driver
Phillips Screw Driver
Large Adjustable Wrench
Medium Adjustable Wrench
Patch Kit w/ Tire Levers
Magneto
Brake Cable
#415 Master Link
8 Speed Master Link
5x Sprocket Bolts w/ Nuts

spare gas

Dr. Pepper soda bottle (plastic). Two years and used many times with no problems. I was originally worried that the gas/oil would make the bottle deteriorate, but still seems strong and still flexable.

Last edited:
Same problem but do what you want. The bottles I mentioned are DOT approved for carrying gas. Yours isn't.

Terry

spare fuel

As far as tools go I try to carry the least possiable and still do the job.
I use combination tools wherever possiable. Like a multi screw driver(common slot/phillips/allen). Combination bicycle wrench.
A few items I found that come in handy. Ty-raps, duct tape, steel wire and a fully adjustable hose clamp. A small length of fuel line.

spare fuel

Terry,
My tires or anything else original on my bike (including the gas tank) is not DOT approved, guess I better not use it!

Dr. Pepper soda bottle (plastic). Two years and used many times with no problems. I was originally worried that the gas/oil would make the bottle deteriorate, but still seems strong and still flexable.

All kidding aside, it is not the smartest thing to do. You are risking alot on a bottle that was made for a sugary beverage.
Please use real fuel containers, no one likes a crispy rider....crusty ones are OK, but crispy is not a real good riding pal.

extra fuel

Yes Your completly right. I'll also buy a spandex bike suite while I'm there.

Back