how can i make it faster

animalatr

Local time
12:05 PM
ive had my bike for 4 months ive put almost a 1000 dollars in this bike ive gone through 2 gas tanks im on my third exaust wich this time i made a custom one youll see it in the pics ive done work to the head and cylinder but i cant get it the power to push it past 45 it wont push through the wind 6th and 7th gear still have plenty of rpms to go but it just wont climb past that speed even if lay down on it and try to cut throughthe wind what can i do other than an expansion chamber and no in not going with nitrous i would like to know what those boost bottles are all about any suggestions

Attachments

• pic071210_3[1].jpg
    pic071210_3[1].jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 435
  • pic071210_2[1].jpg
    pic071210_2[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 390
  • pic071210_4[1].jpg
    pic071210_4[1].jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 323
  • pic043010_1[1].jpg
    pic043010_1[1].jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 406
Why do you want to go faster than 45mph? That's already too fast for a motorised bicycle.

Why 'other than an expansion chamber' ? Why don't you want to fit one? That would give you a bigger boost than anything else.
I see that you're still using a stock carb, too.
What head work have you done? You could consider a decent high-compression head.
Even a good quality, high flow air filter would help.

There's lots that you can do to get more power. I just don't agree with buzzing around on public roads at 45mph+. That sends the wrong message.

i just orderd an expansion pipe from spooky too and the cns racing carb with the ported intake manifold pre drilled for a boost bottle along with the bottle and i was thinking about having the head shaved to reduce the compresion room in the head but ill wait to see what the upgrades do first

The pipe will make a huge difference. (I think that the SBP pipe is a little better, though.)
The carb will also if tuned well.
The benefits of boost bottles are debatable - some say they work while others say that they don't.

A shaved head will help, but not as much as a custom high-comp one. Got mine from Rock Solid Engines here in OZ. Like you, I'm also running a shift-kit.

Last edited:
Buy a motorcycle/motorcooter that was developed & made for such speeds would be your best option.

i dont have a license yet till next year and these are perfectly legal and i like the fact that i built it myself and when i do buy a big bike i will build that myself to

Many people here do not like fast motorized bikes...it is touchy LOL!

Expansion pipe made a great impact on my bike, and it is tuneable for low or top end. Boost bottle is only menat to help the acceleration of the line really. No help at WOT running. I did not look and see if you have one, but slant head and air cleaner are good mods too. Check and see if you have one or two head gaskets, SBP also sells a thinner gasket to boost compression. Check the exhaust gasket and port it to your exhaust flange, and can also open the ports with a dremel :)

That is about my list!

Ed

Just think, the attention you will draw to yourself by riding at 45 mph. If everyone who had a motorized bike rode at such speeds, how soon do you think these rigs would be outlawed ???
SLOW DOWN & smell the " Sunshine."

Back