Boy Go Fast Defective Parts And Bad Service

Flattracker

Local time
7:39 AM
I bought a heavy duty pull starter on ebay from boy-go-fast for $32.50 and installed it. After 3 pulls it BROKE!

I followed the instructions exactly, and removed the magneto coil washers, and added a washer to the magneto just as instructed.

The center post inside that holds the spring mechanism broke OFF leaving a dime sized hole in the outer case. See the photos. I contacted him twice about the defective part. The reason I contacted him twice is because he didn't think it important enough to stand by his products.

I just left ebay looking for a kickstand and he has the type I want. So in spite of his crappy attitude, parts and service I would have bought the kickstand.

When I tried to buy it I was informed by ebay that he had BLOCKED any transaction from me! I had spent over $100 with this guy and he treated me like a dirty, mangy, dog.

This guy is a ripoff artist and only cares about getting your money. So if you like to be abused, ripped off, and humiliated buy from Boy-GO-Fast.

Apparently this thief is making his money off first time customers, because the way he treats his customers no one will return to buy from him.

I am so angry that I'm going to put the raggedy pull starter on ebay for sale and put the finger on him as the one that sell ****. Oh yeah, I'm going to tell it!

Attachments

• starter1.jpg
    starter1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,173
  • starter2.jpg
    starter2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,265
Last edited:
Flattracker,We all know its junk...but we need this junk.Thats why Rick Shi (BGF)is still in buisness.Thought you might need the name for your Ebay listing! It sux to wait for a part and pay $32.50 then it breaks.I know I've been there.

...but we need this junk

Yeah, I know. There aren't many vendors selling bike engine parts, but still that doesn't mean that we should continue to support the thief.

It only encourages him to continue to steal folks money. I was even going to give the thief another chance, and buy something else from him.

I never filed a case on him with ebay or anything and gave him good feedback for items bought in the past. Yet he STILL BLOCKED ME just because I asked him to replace a defective part.:poop: CLEARLY the photos show a casting defect in the casing.

For one thing its only about 1.5mm thick. Im retired, and live on a fixed income and I dont have $32.50 to throw away! Thats a lot of money to me. I just as well could have BURNED 32.50. Thats what it amounts to.

If that isn't a clear indication of his greedy, abusive, and thieving intentions I dont know what is. I'll take a 20lb. sledge hammer to my bike before I'll KNOWINGLY buy from anybody like this guy.

We need a special section here to expose crooks, that wont stand by what they sell. How about it moderators? Can you have something like that?

There are enough members on this forum to make a difference in his sales if we all stop buying his junk and being abused by the guy.

I read of other folks here that he ripped off 'AFTER' he got me. If there was a section for this I would have known before hand not to deal with this thief.

I'll tell you what, if I was in California, he wouldn't get away with it.

Eventually, he'll rip off somebody in his vicinity that will be able to visit him....:devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Flattracker, make sure that you post in 'Vendor Reviews', for others' benefit. (That's the 'special section'.)

BGF have a pretty shoddy reputation already.
(Last time I said that, I was accused of slander.)

Unbelievable that he'd block transactions with you, too.

Last edited:
I recently bought the wide crank set from this person. charges like $15.00 for shipping & parts arrived in a flat rate envelope. ($5.00) with bearing balls falling out of holes in packaging. Glad i only needed the crank arms. My 2 cents worth...

Time and time again I have read complaint after complaint about 2 dealers on E-Bay on both forums, I wont mention names but this guy is one and the other rhymes with plucky dirty turd, these guys sell volume they don't have to offer customer service or decent guarantees. There is always someone right around the corner looking for a bargain who will buy one. Buyer beware.. You get what You pay for. Is saving $10 worth the risk, that the box that's supposed to have Your engine kit in it is really a lottery ticket to a piece of **** with no customer service, support, or real warranty. Buy from one of the sponsors of either forum, buy from guys that ride and build these cycles.Most of These guys sell these things because this hobby is important to them, not because they have a cousin in a far away place who could negotiate a sweet deal on a few pallets of Friday afternoon rush jobs.
Just My $.02
Cheers
Chainmaker

If you bought using PAYPAL, file a claim stating that the material was broken (or not as advertised as it was advertised as being functional). The multiple PAYPAL issue filings against this fella might change his attitude.

Time and time again I have read complaint after complaint about 2 dealers on E-Bay on both forums,

Yeah, we all know that often the Chinese parts are defective, so surely all of the vendors know this too.
The good ones and the only ones worth dealing with are the ones that recognise the problem and provide support by replacing the faulty items.

here's my point of view on this.
#1, he (BGF) does not manufacture this stuff and it isn't his fault that it broke after 3 pulls.
#2. as a vendor, he could still stand behind what he sells and replace the broken pull starter for free, plus the shipping cost (that's what i would do if i were a vendor).
too many vendors / sellers out there are too money hungry, and when they fail to stand behind what they sell (even tho they are not the manufacturer) they lose business and wonder why.
#3. I bought 2 engine kits (one pull start, one non pull start), sprockets, and a few misc. parts from BGF, and i have not experienced any problems at all. very quick shipping, and fast communication when i had questions about the products. I have no idea why he would block you as a buyer, unless you p***** him off in one of your e-mails to him.
The pull starter broke on the one engine i bought after about a month of use. the little tab inside the cover that holds the coiled up spring inside broke, so the spring unwound itself. I just took the pull start mechanism out of the cover and put the cover back on.
To me, it was not worth buying another pull starter since push starting the bike is just as easy.

Its pretty much easy as this...We all know that these motors lack in the quality control....Which makes them only as good or reliable as the Vendors Customer service.
Cheers
Chainmaker

Back