engine side transmission w gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't tell my local RCMP officer that this bike is highly illegal to be on the road. Right now he doesn't know the difference, i hope to keep it that way.

I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife.
I read that in cycle world magazine.It holds true most of the time

I thought that all electric was allowed in Canada, just not gas powered MB's.

I doubt it, because they are thinking bike parts , im thinking using car parts/motorcycle and adapting to my use, there is always another way to do something, it just depends how much efffort u use to develop it. Take for instance engine mounts, there are many billet parts manufactures for street rods etc that make nice brackets and stuff for holding just about anything, like gauges, maybe the gauge is the same size as the tubing and would clamp very nicely and look sweet as a motor mount.

Gas powered bikes are allowed but they have to be registered, licensed and insured as a moped. At least here in New Brunswick anyway. It's not really worth the hassle. Unless they are kept off road. Then they have to be registered and insured as an off-road vehicle. There's some strict rules here for electric as well. I believe that the motor can't be any larger than 500 watt. It can't go any faster than 20 mph with the assist on. and the pedals still have to be there and function. Then there's the brake shutoff switches, they have to be there and function as well. I'm not sure about the shifting thing and no one can seem to tell me anything about it. The only law i'm breaking is the speed. I can go faster than 20 mph. The pedals still function but with a 20 tooth sprocket it's super easy to pedal. You can move your legs a lot but you won't go very fast. Doesn't matter what gear i have it in.

i know , sorry about that i was responding to a reply earlier by cigron, who said all the good ideas have been thought about and didnt work basically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back