engine side transmission w gears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments everyone. Ron i have a quick question for ya. Do you think it's possible to jam a pocket bike engine in a CCM Static full suspension bike using your setup. It has a 17" frame. Just bought the bike for a few good upgrades but i think it's far too pretty to just rip apart. Don't really want to convert to electric. I'm quite happy with the electric the way it is. Also bought a used titanium handlebar. That's going on the electric for sure. Also bought a used front wheel with a titanium hub and spokes, the rim is aluminum. Hope this helps with the weight a slight bit. Plus i have some bragging rights as well. Sorry about the crappy picture but it's the best that i could find without digging out my digital cam.

Attachments

• 0711581_1.jpeg
    0711581_1.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
5-7
I like the way you think. I'm a big fan of friction drives as that was my 1st bike engine. Kits are a great way to start and get an intro into a motor bike, but DIY is what it's all about and you and Treewk are all over the DIY scene.
Here's to thinking outside the box!

Hey Guy`s,

5-7 Meaning To Get Back To You. And My Friend Nuttsy.

Neon, If You Are Referring To My Yellow Shifter Bike, Yes It Should Work. Are The Frame Tubes Round Or Oval?

For Me, It Was A Quick Easy Way To Build A 4 Stroke Shifter Bike. It Has Worked Great And The Gears Are Fun. Will Get The Spring Tensioner And Guard Over Motor Sprocket Some Day!! Was Going To Make A Neater Motor Plate, But When?? Lol. Motorbike`s Are Like Girl Friends, The More The Better. Ron.

Yep was refering to the yellow shifter bike. Frame tubes are oval and very large. Wouldn't know about lots of girlfriends. I'm having a hard time keeping one happy lately.

Hey Guy`s,

5-7 Meaning To Get Back To You. And My Friend Nuttsy.

Neon, If You Are Referring To My Yellow Shifter Bike, Yes It Should Work. Are The Frame Tubes Round Or Oval?

For Me, It Was A Quick Easy Way To Build A 4 Stroke Shifter Bike. It Has Worked Great And The Gears Are Fun. Will Get The Spring Tensioner And Guard Over Motor Sprocket Some Day!! Was Going To Make A Neater Motor Plate, But When?? Lol. Motorbike`s Are Like Girl Friends, The More The Better. Ron.

Ron, did you fab everything yourself or is that a kit?

5-7
I like the way you think. I'm a big fan of friction drives as that was my 1st bike engine. Kits are a great way to start and get an intro into a motor bike, but DIY is what it's all about and you and Treewk are all over the DIY scene.
Here's to thinking outside the box!

Thanks for the props, Nuttsy, and I'm sure Ron appreciates the compliment.

The major vendors' kits have EXCELLENT features, but pricey if you want to enjoy three or four of them. Start with a friction drive, incorporate proven chain drive or belt drive components and you get friction drive, belt drive and chain drive at a fraction of the price.:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back