Q-Matic 2-speed ??

Quenton Guenther

Vendor
Local time
7:18 AM
What if?

What if someone designed a revolutionary new 2-speed automatic clutch for a 4-stroke motorbike?

What if the 2-speed drive meets or exceeds many state requirements of "incapable of being manually shifted"?

What if the drive was 100% mechanical, and didn't require hydraulic fluid or a grease reservoir?

What if someone designed a 2-speed clutch that could work on both low & high RPM motors?

What if the 2-speed drive is designed to take advantage of current belt drive advancements?

What if an American 2-speed drive offered over 10 different RPM stall speeds and shift speeds from 18 MPH to 30 MPH?

What if the 2-speed clutch was able to start the "ticking" RPM as low as 1250 RPMs or as high as 3100 RPMs?

What if the 2-speed clutch included a feature that allows the shift speed to be modified?

What if the 2-speed system used easy to obtain maintenance parts [if ever needed]?

What if the 2-speed automatic drive system's features included easy to change drive ratios?

What if the 2-speed drive is quiet, and has a high power transfer rate?

What if the 2-speed drive protects the owner with a safety cover?

What if the 2-speed drive operates at a lower temperature than most drives?

What if the 2-speed drive were to use innovative "proven" idler technology?

What if an American company was currently building & testing a 2-speed drive system?

What if a company were to mass-produce a 2-speed automatic clutch in the
USA?

What if the 2-speed clutch would fit an existing popular drive system and could be offered as an upgrade?

OK we confess! The rumors are true!

Let us know if this would be of interest.

Have fun,

Your friends at EZM

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an extreme interest to me! I would like to go about 30 mph on flat land, and I need good hill climbing power because I have a lot of fairly steep hills in my neck o' the woods.

Versitile

Hi GearNut, yes this system will do that, and even more. The HS or Honda have good climbing abilities anyway, and with the ratio advantages, you will definately be on target!

Mike
EZM

Very cool! The hill that I live on is not fun to walk up, and even less fun to pedal up.
Don't get me wrong here, I greatly enjoy going out in the back hills for a hike or mountain bike ride, but blacktop and sidewalk are boring. I quickly loose interest in conquering the same paved hill every day. It has turned into a boring chore.

Mt. Everest, or the Steep Paved Driveway

I agree GearNut, and it is fun to see the little 142f's ability to conquer freeway overpasses, Levies and the other obstacles I have encountered, and Low Gear will only make that better!

Mike

Hi Nuttsy,

So far the Two-Matic is costing about $125.00 more to make than the Q-Matic, but as always we will shop for better prices before production starts. In our effort to hold the cost down we are using a lot of parts already produced in our Q-Matic drive.

We looked into cheaper systems including planetary, shift dogs, and even fluid drive, but the reliability just wasn't there, and just presented too many problems.

Final cost won't be totally known until we actually start production, but we are sure it will cost much less than a "shifter kit" but will be limited to 2 speeds.

Have fun,

Back