Bike Security bike lock alarm

I got a $6 bike alarm from Dealtime Extreme. It looks pretty neat, but I haven't installed it yet because its freaking annoying and difficult to set up. It has 3 buttons ABC to set and turn off. It uses a 9volt battery which needs to be glued in to prevent someone from just popping the battery out to shut it up. You can still get it out, but not with your fingers. I keep forgetting about it.

I am more afraid that my bike will be towed by police or damaged by someone annoyed by a finicky alarm than the I am at the chances of it being stolen. I just use multiple locks and chains and u bolts in combination and park where other employees see it frequently and a security camera covers it.

I think the Alarm Padlock looks like a much better option, if the lock is activated and deactivated by opening with the key. I think that the wind will not likely set it off since its weighted by your chain.

Well right now it seems very complicated being that its not built yet. waiting on a few more parts and some time. in the next couple weeks max.
But no, it as a bike shouldn't be to complicated. I am worried about my at home parking. I live in an apartment. So no garage and maybe not the safest of neighborhoods when it comes to crime. I should be able to park it where i can see it from a window but it is very dark out there. I live on the second floor facing the yard. thats why I thought about the alarm locks. I also plan to cover it with a bike cover. and have 3 locks. frame and wheels locked up. I never thought about the wind setting them off. I was just wondering if anyone had tried them out if they were any good. I did see that ABC on to.
Thanks

If you live in an apartment (even second floor), you might want to just put it inside (how bad do you want it, a thief who can't drive cars legally will want it badly).

If you put a happytime/grubee on a light weight 27" wheel 10 speed, you can get it in and out easily, go about 35-40 easily, and get tires for $10 each. Thats my next build. You will have to use (wallow out clamp with sandpaper etc )v-brake levers for the gas, and clutch

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks, ya know I just ordered one last night! It will at least make me feel better that I may hear them. And yes I do have it locked to a post.
Ya know in New York when people were locking their bikes to a street sign people were just unscrewing the street sign from the bottom and taking bikes. Not that I think that will happen in your town (our mine) I just think its kinda funny. cleaver lil thieves. were there's a will there's a way. I will post how the siren lock works out. It sounds pretty good to me if it works properly.

To happy up there, my bike weighs a ton! Its an old schwinn with all the trimmings and I cant even put it on the bike rack by myself. Although that is a good idea. Thanks.

Thanks, ya know I just ordered one last night! It will at least make me feel better that I may hear them. And yes I do have it locked to a post.
Ya know in New York when people were locking their bikes to a street sign people were just unscrewing the street sign from the bottom and taking bikes. Not that I think that will happen in your town (our mine) I just think its kinda funny. cleaver lil thieves. were there's a will there's a way. I will post how the siren lock works out. It sounds pretty good to me if it works properly.

I agree that thieves are very clever some times and dont give up until they have got what they want. I hope people dont start to relax if this does work because they will think of a way to shut the alarm up sooner or later. :mad:

Back