GEBE and Super Titan XC50

ollicat

Local time
3:11 AM
Hey folks,
Has anyone used the GEBE setup with either the Titan XC50 or new Super Titan XC50 engine from Dax? The Super Titan seems like a totally awesome engine. If you did this setup, how hard was it to hook up the engine to the GEBE setup?

Lastly, has anyone used a GEBE with the Honda GHX50. I also like this engine.

Thanks for your input.

hi ollicat.

i gave "Wheres my dog" my GEBE/Titan input/opinion in this thread: http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=25999
me said:
Den or Juls at GEBE will tell you the system is what they claim and nothing more..."assist" kits...and aren't designed or intended for anything larger than the 40cc they sell. you'll go thru belts with 50cc without a LOT of pedaling-up.

using the Honda would require installing a clutch assembly and a suitable "straight-thru" housing...seems to me it would be hanging pretty far "out there" by the time you were finished.

beach cruzin sometimes uses a mits-clone 49cc without a problem, a real mits-43 would be comparable i'd guess...so long as you pedal-help during acceleration i think you'd be fine :)

Last edited:
Mits TLE43 used on a GEBE drive here and no problems whatsoever. I'm in the habit to be cautious with all my MBs though, so pedal to start 8 or 10 strokes of the crank then ease on the throttle.

Just for the sake of the argument, and the relevant knowledge to post here....

When I get my GEBE up and running ( very hopefully today ) on my GIANT, I will see if at night time I can try and see how my Titan XC50 fits and at least looks hanging on there.

If it seems safe, I may take it for a short ride and see how it feels....

This is all depending on my larger axle showing up today though!!!!

Steve

Any news Where's my Dog?

Got my new carb for my titan engine, and thought it would be up and running, but to no avail!

I am just waiting to get it running so when I hook it up I can take her for a ride and give more details on the gebe titan setup for reference here!

Hopefully very soon....

The titan will not run absolutely more then a few seconds and then dies...

Called Duane and he asked for me to ship it back to him and he will send me out another engine.

May be two weeks or so before I get it back from him, so keep this in mind.... and when I get the engine, I will follow thru with the GEBE setup and run!

More like a question than a reply, and is probably an indiscrete question but can anybody tell me what size sprockets for the titan rack mount?
thanks i a
edit: eh..a 7000 rpm engine

Back