New Member Building Superchared Bicycles

supercharedcustoms

Local time
3:46 AM
New member here on this forum. Not new to building custom bikes cars trucks or anything else fast enough to get hurt in. My latest project is taking one of these cheap chinese motors and supercharging it. I will put up a thread of how i did this with pictures when it is done. Right now it is still in the works and I want to complete it and have pics and specs for everyone before I release how it is done. If your interested in having some killer hp out of one of these lil' motors stay tuned.

This project may be bigger than for just the DIY kinda guy. Yes, agreed there are no valves however under small amounts of boost (1-2psi) even with the intake and exhaust ports open at the same time while some fuel air mix may blow out the exhaust the compression and charge density will still show a net increase at TDC. Custom exhaust chambers must be built so that back pressure is enough for a system like this. Efficiency on this motor not so great... but power gains are worth it. A note for anyone thinking about trying this on their own.... This can not be done with out a good machine shop. And just adding on a "blower" with out modifying the cylinder, piston, con. rod, exhaust, intake, carb, ect. is not going work. ( it will work for a while with out doing all the modifying, but it will eventually blow up (quite literally) in short order.)

Last edited:
pick an engine with a strong heart -- guts

but power gains are worth it.

A note for anyone thinking about trying this on their own....

This can not be done with out a good machine shop. And just adding on a "blower" with out modifying the cylinder, piston, con. rod, exhaust, intake, carb, ect. is not going work.

Iam just not sure that it's worth doing all of that
with a HT engine anyway ??

If I were willing to put all of that work and time into said project
I would pick an engine with a strong heart -- guts

MM

Hi supercharedcustoms

Go for it - make it happen.
There is no reason at all why one of these engines cannot be supercharged.

Standard exhaust port timing will reduce the total supercharged air/fuel volume charge reaching the combustion chamber but it will still over charge compared to piston cycling.

Reduced exhaust blowdown time may help contain supercharged mixture in the cylinder, but adding a power valve system like the Yamaha RZ 250 or Suzuki RGV 250 could achieve the goal of variable blowdown timing.

Fabian

Last edited:
Better still, would be to machine a completely new cylinder and cylinder head and a modified bottom end.

I've thought about the concept of using a double sleeve valve cylinder, where one sleeve is used for conventional porting and the second sleeve valve is either electronically, mechanically or hydraulically controlled to allow variable port timing.

It's a big job, but if you've got access to a machine shop and the time to make it happen, an absolute gem of an engine could be produced.

Fabian

To the response about picking an engine with strong guts, normally I would agree 100% but strong guts also means more $ I am doing this as a low buck fun project to see how much power I can crank out of something tiny. I have the knowledge and access to the tools so if it isn't costing me much other than spare time... why not?

By the way I moved this discussion to Garage & Tech/Mech Help-detailed & specific tech talk section under "Wild in the Streets" Bottom of the main forum page. It is listed under Supercharged 2-stroke engine

Back