Pirate Cycles reed valve intake for China style 2-stroke bicycle engine

Fuel injection might be overkill.
I look at cost VS performance gain.
Were putting together the best performance possible at the most reasonable cost.

Believe me we working night and day on this.

Wasn't somebody working on fuel injection? Rock Solid Engines maybe? What ever happened to that?

I was going to ask the same question.
Personally, I can't see it happening. Among other things, a decent battery and charging system would be needed first.
Fabian has mentioned it a number of times, but when I checked the Rock Solid Engines site, there's no mention of it that I could find.

Fabian, where did you get your info?

... Steve

Hi Steve

When i was talking to Tony from R.S.E. he said the team was working on a fuel injection and digital ignition system you could program through a laptop, in amongst a small 2 inch turbo they are experimenting with.
They have already developed a full billet CNC machined Happy Time reproduction engine that revs to 18,000 rpm, making in excess of 15 horsepower and that's without the nitrous kit fitted and cylinders bore can be increased to give 100cc engine capacity.
It will be released for sale when it's has proven reliability.

I guess it's like anything in the development stage - bugs in the system need to be corrected when developing something new and a bit avant garde.

It would be good for Pirate Cycles and SickBikeParts to come up with their own programmable electronic ignition and fuel injection system so pushing forward a reliable and emissions friendly new phase for these engines.

Fabian

ps I also keep checking the R.S.E. website for any new parts, engines or add on kits. The moment a programmable electronic ignition and fuel injection system and turbo is available, it will be attached to my bike.

Last edited:
Hi Steve
When i was talking to Tony from R.S.E. he said the team was working on a fuel injection and digital ignition system you could program through a laptop, in amongst a small 2 inch turbo they are experimenting with.
They have already developed a full billet CNC machined Happy Time reproduction engine that revs to 18,000 rpm, making in excess of 15 horsepower and that's without the nitrous kit fitted.
It will be released for sale when it's has proven reliability.
I guess it's like anything in the development stage - bugs in the system need to be corrected when developing something new and a bit avant garde.
It would be good for Pirate Cycles and SickBikeParts to come up with their own electronic ignition and fuel injection system so pushing forward a reliable and emissions friendly new phase for these engines.
Fabian

Sounds wild.
Personally, I'm happy with a reasonably stock engine, cleaned up a bit and with billet head and SBP shift kit. A new engine every year, if necessary, at $180AU.
The cost of a fuel-injected, machined billet aluminium engine with programmable electronic ignition would be astronomical.
I reckon that if I wanted that kind of power, a small motorbike would be a better option.
Still, I can't help watching to see what develops.

On an aside, my shift kit is almost fitted. Only need to make a new front engine mount and take care of a few lesser details. Once that's done I'll do the billet head compression test for the other thread.
(Can't wait for a ride on my 6-speed MB.)

... Steve

Last time i spoke with Tony he mentioned a figure of $1500 for the CNC engine with all the special bits - cost being reduced without all the fancy stuff attached to the motor.

I can only make an assumption that basic CNC engine will be around $800+

From my perspective, i would be happy to pay $1000 for a high power and totally reliable engine that strips apart easily for rebuild or attaching new and improved components.

If i have to pay $1500 for all the good bits with an excellent warranty and a product that's available "AS OF THIS MINUTE", i'll get my credit card out now.

Fabian

Any to all of those on here that say "but for that money why don't you get a proper motor bike".

I say hooey to them - they can shush it.

I've raced motorbikes in amateur classes and owned a few high power vehicles but nothing comes close to the enjoyment of having a motor in a pushbike that runs on an explosive liquid.
No dedicated motor bike comes even within a bulls-roar of the super light weight handling and unbelievable braking you can get out of these pushbikes with a huge set of disk brakes.

Last edited:
Hi Rich

You said: Believe me we working night and day on this.

Rich you're not telling me the truth.

If you and the team eliminate costly toilet breaks a time saving can be made.
Also, sneezing is another area where a time can be saved - from start to completion, a sneeze takes approx 30 seconds - this is unacceptable time management.

And don't get me started on coffee and smoke breaks - If it was for me, punishable by an Iranian cleric.

Get cracking - i can't wait to get my hands on at least a reed valve inlet system but preferably an engine with a crank case inlet system.

I need to employ "Ming the Merciless" to keep the team focused.

Fabian

and keep it in your pants guys good things to come. you cannot rush engineering or tedious measurements and mind blowing math.

Back