Carby NT Carb Tuning Basics

Float

So when the float is low youll have to rich of gas, now if its to high would it have less gas?, oh well Im going to try tbe higher setting from my stock carb, it should be set right, Ive been trying to solve this thing for a mounth now, thanks for the info May the Blessings Be

It might be best to stick to the other thread, 'Spark Plug Issues'.
It gets confusing jumping between two and it only takes this one further off-topic.
(That's why the other thread was created.)

you are good

Does anyone have any idea how my float tang was bent and didn't allow the needle to come up and close the fuel line?
Anyway i'm glad I opened the carb and fixed it after losing 2L of fuel on the road :mad:

*and oil

I've got another question, how can you raise the float sitting level ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, first point - it's not good practice to 'serial post', effectively replying to yourself. Better to edit your first post to add afterthoughts. It keeps the thread neater.

Regarding changing the float level, you said it yourself:- "my float tang was bent"
To adjust the float level, you bend the little brass tangs that contact the top of the float.

Oh sorry man, won't happen again..
Yes you're right but what I really ment was how will I know what a correct float height will be since there are no indicators or such ?

I noticed in the pictures in the beginning that you have the slide needle setup at the leanest setting.. I also did that today because I think I am running rich, but did you have to change the jet size too or is the stock one ok because I'm breaking my head for this "running rich" issue???

Back