Where to buy a replacement carb float? Urgent!

jschlote

Local time
2:12 AM
The float for my carb in my 80cc engine king that came from raw motors is bad has a pin hole or crack somewhere in it. Where can I go locally to get replacement float? Is there a specific part number i need to get? I kinda need this float asap as I have to be at work tomorrow evening and the bike was my way in as my car's transmission is out.

Put the float in hot water to find the leak. (The air inside expands as it is heated). Dry it quickly and mark the leak. I have used Locktite Extreme Repair to seal leaks. Walmart has it. Another option would be non-hardening Permatex gasket maker. Is it gas proof.

ty I'll keep that in mind as a last resort, I would prefer to find out where to get the actual part but if push comes to shove i know what to do at least.

My float was doing the same. I just took one out of a a buddies wrecked pocket bike.
good luck!

eh I fixed it with a clamp some tinfoil and a lil gorilla glue. good as new.

happy time dealer down the mountain sells them for arounf 15 dollars
to the locals
he's a good guy
you got a local happy time dealer -- can be found in the newspaper here under bicycles ??
they usually have some laying around
MM

Spare Carb, Mag Coil, CDI Box Best bet, old carbs full of usable spare parts Tag functioning electric parts before installing untested replacements . If bike runs with replacement, leave it in place, if new part is NO GOOD, at least you now know it .

Back