Gas mileage

Kind of disappointed.....110-120 with a Titan and Vinci. Feel much better now that I noticed the petcock is leaking about a liter a day. :poop:

I have a Grubee 4G, 49cc four cycle with a 50 tooth sprocket. I weigh 255 lbs. and have 26 inch tires. I only get 100 mpg. This is a both fast and slow number. I come to a complete stop at all stop signs ( 10 stops per trip), and ride the bike several miles everyday. Usually ride the bike at 16mph, but take it up to 31mph one time per trip.

It is all in the ratios & drive efficiency. My HS 142 motor never delivers under 180 MPG. I am a light rider and travel on mostly flat roads, however the winds are sometimes aggressive.

Many have reported over 150 MPG average using our drive system, however the basic ratio is 15.31 X 1 and makes better MPG at cruising speed [25 to 30 MPH] than most current drive offerings. The best way to explain the difference is like driving your car in low gear all the time, compared to driving in a higher gear. Low gear will eat gas, whereas a higher gear will use less. It is also possible to gear too high [under 14 X 1] and make the motor overwork also reducing your MPG.

I don't know which version of the drive you have and therefore the primary ratio is unknown. I can supply you with some known data and maybe help you increase your MPG.

Our standard drive is 15.31 X 1 meaning the motor turns at 6,000 RPM to propel the bike to 30 MPH [cruising speed]. Motor gets great mileage at 6,000 RPMs and is near the peak torque curve and HP. If you are geared at 20 X 1 the motor will need to turn approx. 8,000 [past red line, peak HP, & torque peak]to hit the same speed [using a lot more fuel].

Might be wise to determine ratios and see how close you could get to 15.5 X 1 ~ 16 X 1 by changing the rear sprocket.

Hope this information is helpful.

Have fun,

Last edited:
Honda GX35 motor (4 stroke 1.6 hp 35.8cc) with a Staton 18.75:1 gearbox mounted on a Schwinn Meridian trike. I weigh 190 lbs. and have tested mileage on old Route 66 with mix of few gentle hills and relatively flat pavement. I start with full tank of gas and use the mile posts for distance and top off tank with an ounce (and fractions thereof) calibrated container. On no wind calm days average mpg is 160, if bucking a stout wind the mileage goes way down.

Back