2 cycle oil redux

Chris Crew

Local time
5:16 AM
Ok, the long thread about 2 stroke asks some relevent questions, let's try to put together the answers in one spot:

1) Does the stan dard instruction manual with an HT take American 2 cycle oil into account when it says mix 16:1 for break in and then go to 20:1, or are they actually refering to mixing in standard 4-cycle oil at 16:1 and 20:1?

2) If the instructions are referring to mixing 4 cycle at 16:1, shouldn't we go 32:1 and 40:1 with 2-cycle oil? (I can only imagine the blue cloud that will result)

3) If the Chinese can run 4 cycle mixed half as thick as 2 cycle, why can't/shouldn't we?

It seems a lot more economical to by a quart of 4 cycle for $3 and use it to make up two to four gallons than to buy a half-pint of 2 cycle for $3 and make up no more than a gallon.

4) Chemists out there, beyond viscosity, what is the difference between 2 cycle oil and motor oil?

Thanks for your opinions

These are questions that we may never know the answers to. (like how many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of tootsie pop)

I don't know better . But i think its depend on engine some engine wants oil and some engine wants motor oil .

Back