A rattling sound coming from my engine? a little worried! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Victor, how exactly did you get to that gear to tighten that bolt down? I believe I'm having the same issue with the rattling noise at higher rpms. Hopefully that's it.

One trick I've learned is to clearance the cover that holds the clutch lever. Every build I've done, the chain rubbed on the cover, making all sorts of weird noises. Easy to fix, simply remove the 3 screws that hold it on, no need to remove the clutch cable, rotate the clutch lever till it slides out, then take take your dremel (you do have one, right?) and grind or sand the place where it's rubbing. You don't have to remove much material, just enough to clearance the spot. You will see where it's rubbing, and it makes a HUGE difference in ridding your engine of all sorts of snaps, crackles, and pops.

That might help, I'll look at that and see. Is also like to check that crankshaft bolt and see if that does the trick also.
Thanks!

While you're there, remove that crankshaft bolt (screw?) and put some blue loctite on it, then tighten it back up. They do have a habit of coming loose, I had one that got so loose the woodruff key between the gear and shaft came out, causing the gear to spin on the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back