Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    Thanks

Guys, it's called INTERNET!!!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!~ (Uno, $$ going somewhere else)
    Geebt48cc + 66cc PUCH on 700's, full porting,third intake,reed....

Thanks

Default Parts is Parts.

I also use the internet A LOT. Mostly for engine and motorized build parts, the stuff a bike shop don't carry. But then, my LBS's aren't 50 miles away either. I can get an old school vintage frame and most of my vintage and used parts from a guy that's only a mile or two from my house. I get new parts from another LBS even closer. I even check out Wally World once in a while. Most of the carp you can get comes from China anyway, So I say it don't really matter where you buy it from, most of your money is going to china. I hope no one thinks that even if it say's "MADE IN THE U.S.A." that all the parts in that engine (or whatever) were actually made here. The only way to get away from Chinese carp is to buy Japanese stuff. About the only thing you can buy today thats still made HERE are a few top quality bikes ONLY. Most people can't afford them, and if ya want to motorize it than yer either going to China or Japan again.
    So, My opinion. TRY to buy from your LBS. At least you're supporting a local. But in the end, they get most of their parts from China too. Next time you buy a mirror, seat, ( or whatever) check out where it came from. BUT, Even if it say's "Made in America" Ya gotta know most of the material's to MAKE IT here came from somewhere else. So I don't worry about it anymore, I just buy what I need at the best price I can find.
    Big Red.

Thanks

Default Palm Springs Bike Shop

It's interesting to read the comments here. I get a bad vibe in our local bike shop without them knowing I have a MB. I just went in last week to purchase a set of handle bars and it was like I was a problem for them. Taking up time or something. I checked out their basic model bikes and my observation was that they are generally the same quality as Wally World but twice the price. Looking at the fabrication they could have come from the same factory.

They still do not know I have a motorized bike and I think I will keep it that way. If I need something I can take my parts there and never disclose what the completed bike looks like.

http://76.12.40.116/psbike/

Thanks

Default Ducks

Sorry to hear that about yer LBS Tom. It does seem to be split about 50/50. Some are ducks,(Trade the U for an I) and some are not. I guess people are just people wherever you are. I just thank my lucky stars that I've found a couple of good ones.
    Big Red.
    Nice bike by the way.
    Last edited by Big Red; 04-17-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Nice bike

Thanks

Yeah, that looks good Tom. If you get the kip springer or replace the idler and rag joint, that will look even better. I like the frame and tires a lot. Good job.
    Try not to aggravate that LBS. Even if they suck, you might need something there sometime. Otherwise, just get stuff from Niagara Cycle www.niagaracycle.com They have lots of stuff good for mabs and don't gouge on prices.
    Someone yelled at me while getting in their car, "ARE YOU TOO LAZY TO PEDAL?" I almost fell off the bike laughing at the irony.
    Amerityre polyurethane bicycle tires:
    Rob Slagle (S&S Tire/Affordable Turf Tires) in Phoenix AZ
    602 721 2410

Thanks

Default Lbs

Quote Originally Posted by happycheapskate View Post
    Yeah, that looks good Tom. If you get the kip springer or replace the idler and rag joint, that will look even better. I like the frame and tires a lot. Good job.
    Try not to aggravate that LBS. Even if they suck, you might need something there sometime. Otherwise, just get stuff from Niagara Cycle www.niagaracycle.com They have lots of stuff good for mabs and don't gouge on prices.
    Good Advice happy. And I like NCW a lot. great people and they really go the extra mile for ya.
    Big Red.

Thanks

I get a chuckle out of threads like this, especially the bit about bike shops missing out on sales, lol. Bike shops are doing very well where I live, thriving in fact, with more people all the time coming on board to ride bikes, become healthier, go 'green' or whatever, and more places to ride with increased bike trails and public awareness of cycling as a low impact form of exercise. Truth is, bike shops don't want to jeopardize any of that by sending mixed messages about or care much about what amounts to a very small, micro market of motorheads who......and let's face it......mostly ride department store bikes and are pretty cheap.

Thanks

Default Lbs

Quote Originally Posted by Richard H. View Post
    I get a chuckle out of threads like this, especially the bit about bike shops missing out on sales, lol. Bike shops are doing very well where I live, thriving in fact, with more people all the time coming on board to ride bikes, become healthier, go 'green' or whatever, and more places to ride with increased bike trails and public awareness of cycling as a low impact form of exercise. Truth is, bike shops don't want to jeopardize any of that by sending mixed messages about or care much about what amounts to a very small, micro market of motorheads who......and let's face it......mostly ride department store bikes and are pretty cheap.
    Right on Richard, when yer right, yer right.
    Big Red.

Thanks

Ok, hip physical USA helps!!!!!!!!!!!!~Well, when you say MOTORIZED.........Look OUT!~

..............Want-to- be stuff......................................
    Geebt48cc + 66cc PUCH on 700's, full porting,third intake,reed....

Thanks

Yes, you can't forget that the bigger part of cycling isn't transportation, or athletic competition, but fashion. If you are more motivated by transportation or competition, you can find what you need, but it's far easier to make a buck off someone who's in it for the fashion.

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/08/18/bike-system-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
    Right on Richard, when yer right, yer right.
    Big Red.
    Someone yelled at me while getting in their car, "ARE YOU TOO LAZY TO PEDAL?" I almost fell off the bike laughing at the irony.
    Amerityre polyurethane bicycle tires:
    Rob Slagle (S&S Tire/Affordable Turf Tires) in Phoenix AZ
    602 721 2410