Clutch Cable Installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyvomit

Local time
9:48 AM
soooo... it looks as though i dont have as much "basic mechanical knowledge" as was required by my motor kit instructions. does anyone have a clear picture of how the clutch cable is put on the motor? i know that it goes from the right side to the lever on the left side but i dont exactly know if its supposed to go through this odd thing thats about 2 inches to the right of the lever.

any pictures or explanation would be appreciate it.

i swear i have been searching the site for hours now.

thanks

EDIT: i think i got it.

Last edited:
The best advice I can give you is to look at the photos of other builds here.
I know that the assembly instructions are poor at best.
Don't give up, and walk away from it for a little while if things seem hopeless.
I bet that you will come up with the right solution in due time.
Good luck!

the big spring goes over the clutch cable the you thread the cable through that odd thing with the clutch wire coming through it and put the small spring on the clutch wire and thread the wire through the arm and cinch it down with the small brass clamp. hope you can understand this the large spring is for a heat sheild against the cylinder.

Do you remove sheath from the 90 degree to the clutch arm with small spring.

the big spring goes over the clutch cable the you thread the cable through that odd thing with the clutch wire coming through it and put the small spring on the clutch wire and thread the wire through the arm and cinch it down with the small brass clamp. hope you can understand this the large spring is for a heat sheild against the cylinder.
Hello do you remove the sheath from the 90 degree to the clutch arm.Thank you

Hello do you remove the sheath from the 90 degree to the clutch arm.Thank you

yes.

outer "sheath" works under compression. is held still by that thingy thats just behind the cylinder, and under the carb. looks just like the adjustor on the brake levers, except with no convenient slot to drop the cable through when replacing cables. the inner cable has to be poked through that adjustor.

then the small spring goes between this adjustor doodad thing, with cable threaded through it, and the cable drops into the slot on the clutch arm. and lil brass nipple is screwed tight onto cable to let cable pull on the lever.

that small spring isnt exactly necessary either...

Make sure that you do the roller clutch cable modification as shown in these pics, for it makes clutch operation much smoother and drastically reduces the force needed to pull in the clutch lever,

2013-025.jpg

2013-026.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back