Boost bottle and reed valve

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedro5189

Local time
3:11 PM
Is it worth trying to make a boost bottle work with a reed valve two smoke, or is the reed valve expected to be effective enough?

Just wondering because everything i read suggests it maybe pointless. However my old WR200 was a reed valve and was also fitted with a boost bottle as standard.

thanks in advance

(p.s. just for those two smoke buffs out there please)

I'm in the process of building a reed valve setup. If I get decent results, I'll forget about the boost bottle. We'll see how it goes.

I have been thinking of fabricating a reed cage mod as well.
They make a good difference in engine performance.
I am considering using a reed and reed stop out of an old air compressor.

I attempting to build the whole thing myself. I want to tune it by trying reeds
of various thicknesses.
I'll build the housing from from 2 inch wide, 1/8 thick aluminum stock.
I have to take care of some clutch issues before building the reed valve, but I have acquired the materials.

Could you post progress pictures?
I know that other folks here have been intrested in reed valves too.

More or less its just a one way flap valve. It lets air in, and doesnt allow the negative properties of a piston port motor to effect the carburator to double fuel the air.

What would be even more benificial is to mill the engine for crankcase reed induction and machine a boost port.

SO did you make it? Did it work? Why are all the posts in these Forums all so OLD? Did every person that was into Motorized bikes get killed in a freak accident? I have never once googled something and seen a post earlier than 2013. This even goes for a bunch of FB pages that people posted for their shop or race team...

SO did you make it? Did it work? Why are all the posts in these Forums all so OLD? Did every person that was into Motorized bikes get killed in a freak accident? I have never once googled something and seen a post earlier than 2013. This even goes for a bunch of FB pages that people posted for their shop or race team...
Welcome to motoredbikes.com and feel free to start a new thread and post a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back