my new pusher trailer

I'm still fixing some kinks but it seems to work well. got it up to about 25mph. I'm able to use the gears of the tag a long trailer. it will probably go faster. I get some wobble at higher speeds. thinking of some stabilizers. any ideas?

Attachments

• PICT0055.jpg
    PICT0055.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,173
  • PICT0059.JPG
    PICT0059.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 841
  • PICT0059-1.jpg
    PICT0059-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,062
Pretty unique build. Gives me some ideas. Why is there a pedal ? Do you have any problem starting?

Pretty unique build. Gives me some ideas. Why is there a pedal ? Do you have any problem starting?

I do not have a pull start. I start the motor with the pedal. I have to take the derailleur side chain off every time I want to start it. It's not difficult and its effective.

Now that is what I call a CONTRAPTION!! Too cool man!

The problem with powered trailers is that they want to go faster than the passenger bike. I'm not sure how to stabilize it.

Just poking around, getting ideas for my own little build, and wondered if this had a solution. I really like this idea. I have an idea to use a spring, to keep forcing the pusher to the ground. I'm guessing the pusher is getting "on plane" once you reach the 25mph speed. Even an air shock, from a scrap donor mtn bike, will work

I've actually got the pusher up to 35mph. I've since dismantled the project and put the motor on the a mountain bike. The problem is that the motor is not heavy enough and it will bounce all around. I don't think shock absorbers will help because of how light it is. It was fun idea.

Now that's what I call thinking out of the Box !!!!

Way WAY out there .....

Way Cool !!!

The only thing I could think of is to lower the center of gravity. You could make the trailer longer and design a mount underneath for the engine.

I agree with chaput87, I believe that your center of gravity is too high. Really interesting build, I would try to place the engine down lower and drive the chain straight back to the crank sprocket.

Last edited:
Back