Honda GHX50 vs. Titan

strotter

Local time
4:26 AM
Ok, I'm going to open up a can of worms here.

Which engine is best?

For the purposes of this post, forget about price.
Which is:
1. Quietiest
2. Most powerful
3. Last the longest

At best the Titan could equal the Honda- and it may in some instances. The Titan is a clone of the Honda GXH50. I doubt it could surpass it.

Having both i'de rather the Honda engine,but by the same token i'de rather the Titan carb on the Honda engine(or a mix,a Hitan carb)
Both are very very good engines though.

Just bought and installed a Honda 50 on my tanduem. I have a titan on another bike. Honda is better. Got to come up with a solution to the Honda throttle. Titan has the Honda beat in that area.

Hi strotter,

Which one is quietest ? Thanks

Last edited:
At best the Titan could equal the Honda- and it may in some instances. The Titan is a clone of the Honda GXH50. I doubt it could surpass it.

Soon I'll post the precise diffrences between the HondaGXH50 and its copies as described to me by the Honda OEM manager in Australia where they pulled the copies apart to look at them. The differences are considerable and are in the innards where you don't see. The Honda is definitely superior to its copies as you would expect. The copies may well be good engines but the real thing is exceptional. I recommend reading Honda's anual report where they wax lyrical about their small engine technology.

I recommend reading Honda's anual report where they wax lyrical about their small engine technology.

Well they do have reason and enough support to back it up. In the industry Honda is known to be THE leader in small displacemnt engine technology bar none.
Every venue of motorsports Honda makes a presence in, bears witness to this FACT.

Can't blame them for blowing their own horn.

Back