Back from my maiden voyage!

I just took my first build out for its first test drive. It was a BLAST! I told my wife that if the engine blew up right now, it would be worth the $115 I paid for it! Here's some pics. The muffler is still hot...

The second pic is my "custom" air intake. Customized with some silver Fusion paint and a Sharpie. I'm sure someone else has done this before.

Attachments

• S3600001.JPG
    S3600001.JPG
    402.1 KB · Views: 485
  • S3600002.JPG
    S3600002.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 322
Cheeks sore from grinnin' so much?? Nuthin' like a successful first ride! Congrats!

Another satisfied MB graduate, who wrote THIS a few days ago:

I just got the "80cc" kit from boygofast, and I inspected all parts. Everything seems to look satisfactory, but there are NO INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS! Has this happened to anyone else?

Do those break-in steps, and you'll be KY-cool in a few more hours of riding.

Yep! I was gigglin' like a little schoolgirl when I first started the engine. I didn't get to ride it because I had to make a few chain adjustments. After the successful ride, I was cackling like a raving lunatic! A couple of questions:

When I start to accelerate, the bike runs a little "bumpy" as if the road was bumpy, but I'm sure it's something in the engine/drivetrain. No chain or sprocket popping - just a little shaky feeling...It smooths out at a certain speed, and I suspect it's somewhat normal.

Also - Where can I get spare parts like tensioner rollers, master links etc.? I expect some things to eventually wear out and/or break and I'd like to have some extras on hand. (OR I could just buy another kit...)

Thanks to everyone here for contributing to this forum. I've learned a lot so far, and expect to learn much more in the near future.

1st, don't know if you've been warned, keep an eye on that tensioner. Replace the Jap bolts with good American hardware. Keep the chain tight because it will loosen as it breaks in. Keep the tensioner bolts to the chainstay(frame) tight so the tensioner don't turn on you! Some guy's drill a hole in the bracket... If the drive chain comes off the sprocket, the bike stops and you keep going!

The shuttering you speak of is normal at low speeds. It's not good for the bike in the long run (beats up on everything). Try to keep your speed up when you engage the motor. Check everything for tightness regularly.. And Gongratz enjoy your new MB!

By the way where did you get the bike? I've been searching and can't find one in the NE.

By the way where did you get the bike? I've been searching and can't find one in the NE.

It's a Huffy SanteFe. A buddy of mine found it set out at the curb for the garbage man on his way home from work. Coincidentally, we work at a landfill, so dumpster diving and garbage picking is a serious thing for us. :D I'll put up a "before" picture if anyone's interested.

As for the tensioner, I just welded on a fixture that should keep it out of the spokes if something catastrophic should happen (See attached pic). Now I just have to restore the antique copper finish. :mad: I also used grade8 bolts to secure it.

Attachments

• tensioner.JPG
    tensioner.JPG
    411.9 KB · Views: 247
If the finish bothers you that much, looks like the bikes worth it. I'd strip it over the winter. For now, try a dremel w/buffing cone and slightly abrasive car wax!

I like that frame!

Back