Burley Nomad

tinker4

Local time
6:44 PM
I have a sun ez-3 trike I want to get a Burley Nomad to run arrons with going to the store ect. Will the nomad work with the ez-3? or do you have to rig it up with a special connecter to make it work. Thanks

hi tinker, good to here from you again, as is you are going to have to rig a trailer hitch to the back of the trike,

when experimenting with my kids trailer the main problems occurred with the turn radius of the trailer arm hitting the rear wheels, but after off centering it to drivers right in the rear, and extending my homemade hitch it works perfectly.

http://www.motoredbikes.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11660&d=1223244380

Good to hear from you to Patty. My old trailer was was like yours. From the pictures I've seen of the nomad is a little different. It connects to the bike at the rear traingle its a different kind of hook up. You can get a mount kind of like is on your hitch and like the on I have. But the nomad looks to be different. I dont have a bicycle store any where near me maybe next time I go down to phoenix I can find a bike shop that has one and check it out. I was hopeing someone on the board had had some experience with the nomad and a sun ez-3.

Classic Hitch

I guess my question is will the classic hitch that comes with the nomad work on the rear of the ez-3? Where the seat post come back and meets the frame, would it work there? Or would the only option be to build a tail like you did.

probably not,

you might get it attached but the length of the towing arm on the trailer would be too short, and any time you corner it will flip your trailer (learned from experience).... it more or likely would catch your wheel when turning. My hitch isnt the best looking but it works great for the trailer.

OK

I get the idea I'l have to build a tail like you did. The one I had for my first trailer didnt work as good as yours. see ya paddy

Back