Good as Gone

U

uncle_punk13

I'm outta here. I've had enough of the drama, attacks, and certain parties vying for my loyalties.
I've made no secret of the fact I'm in this purely for selfish reasons; mainly for the fun of it, and for expressing my creativity through this multi-media art form. and the sense of freedom I gain when rolling on throttle out there in the wilds of America. Though I do believe a movement could have come from it, there's now all the jokers and hoaxers in the scene, hustling and huckstering for their own personal ends. This line comes to mind:
"...selling their religion and karma chewing gum..."
Cat Stevens
These are the same people (with different faces,) that ruined the hippies, that ruined the D.I.Y of the punk movement; this is also why I have been, since I was a very small child, a solitary creature- a lone wolf. I quit hanging in the old car scene, and the avoided the motorcycle scene- it's all about posturing and drama. Everyone has an agenda it seems now, and I'm sick of being caught up in the middle.
When I got my first motored bike 11 years ago, it was just me alone in the world with this machinery of joy, but I found a spackling of others here and there, through the internet, and I watched this (whatever it is) grow. I was thrilled to find others who understood the where I was coming from- the strange joy in getting the attention from the straights upon seeing a little engine on a bicycle. Soon, as I predicted it would, it began to catch on and snowball, and a lot of fun was to be had. Well as they say, all good things must come to an end- It ain't fun anymore around here so I've found that by going back into my little steampunk/mad scientist laboratory in order to create for the sheer joy of creating, and to ride for the sheer joy of riding- by going back to my roots- I am revitalizing my own future. I'd suggest to others to quit spending so much time on the computer, quit worrying so much about what everyone else is doing, and get back in the sddle and spend some time riding and wrenching so as to remember what this is all about. But hey, it's your life, do what you want- just leave me the he!! out of it.
I like my life to be as free of complication as possible- these people and this scene has become complicated.
I might pop in from time to time but fior the most part I'm going for a ride and to work on my creations of ****ation from the desert of the real...
later days, Take it easy.
Rif Addams:cool:

Rif

i guess i can say i saw this coming...and i deeply regret i wasn't able to come to those same conclusions for myself, earlier...but now, done is done.

loyalty...i'm guilty of not handling that issue well at times, and admittedly have a hard time interpreting the dynamics...forcing me to ask for clarity, which i usually feel safe doing with a declared friend...but in doing so, it can sometimes make the situation worse. is it the same for everyone, i wonder? see, i truly don't know.

i'm just a dude, like you, who stumbled onto something that inspired a passion in me...my gawd we are all SO diverse in our walks...the MB brought us together, but noone promised us it was a strong enuff bond to endure our differences.

i like you, rif...ADMIRE you...ENVY you a little, too...you seem to know your own mind better than i do mine...

cya 'round. you know where to find me if you care to, and please KNOW you'll always be welcome :cool:

Last edited:
Understood, Rif.

Can I ask you to do something, just so others can maybe share a smidgin of your joy in creation?

Set up a personal blog. Post pictures of your creations, post stories of your rides, post logs of your builds - please. It needn't be an open blog, no need to invite or accept the comments of others if you don't wish to. I, for one, enjoy your talent in creation, and would welcome a chance to see more of it as it unfolds.

Whatever you decide, thanks for being here, thanks for sharing your work. May you find that joy you deserve so richly.

Hang in there dude. Hope we still can see you at the meets...

Love your bikes, love your style....but I think the hippies ruined the hippies....

Holler at me when you re-challenge the "Vortex that is Wyoming" !

Hope you continue to use the Travel section, there are plenty of adventures still to be had !

Well said Rif. I too have been feeling the same cloud of gloom overhead. You take the cool weather (happy peaceful giving to others members) and mix it with the sultry heat (hot headed, debating, negative, it's all about me members) and sure as heck where they meet your going to constantly get one he77 of a storm.
I'm going to shoot you a PM with some interesting info. Take care. graucho

Last edited:
Back