Bike Alarm

artik

Local time
5:01 AM
I found this on a motorcycle site, It's a motorcycle alarm which does the following:

->Sensitive motion detector triggers super-loud siren & signals your keychain pager when tampering occurs up to over 1/2 mile away!
->Use keychain pager to chirp siren & flash lights to help you find cycle in a crowded lot
->Trouble nearby? Press pager key twice to instantly trigger siren
->C Ignition cutoff helps prevent theft by hotwiring

The motion detector would be ideal for protecting theft. The Ignition cutoff doesn't seem to be a good mod for one of our bikes, but anyone know how a way to get this to work with a small-size battery?

Thought it was a good idea, just seeing if anyone else has tried anything with something like this before.

Heres the link to the product:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/AUDIOSONIC...ER/GP_2001376_N_111+10211+600014362_10111.jcw

No i think they're talking about the page recieving over a half mile from the bike. It has a Alarm and a Pager that comes with it, would work good for me inside work if it works well. Yappy dog would be good, but too much maitenence and I dont think enough people would try to steal the bike for him to get proper nourishment.

Thanks for this information. I had no idea about this motorcycle alarm. I think its useful and quiet cheap.

Yes, there are all sorts of aftermarket motorcycle alarms. Here's another good one http://www.motoworldonline.com/Gorilla-Cycle-Alarm-with-2-way-Pager_p_0-953.html Although, I cant find the amperage draw of any of these systems. It seams no one has ever measured the amperage draw. Personally, I think your money would be better spent on a couple of strong chains rather than an alarm although I do admit an alarm seams a lot more interesting to buy than a chain. You might also want to look into somehow attaching an alarmed motorcycle disk brake on to you bike, I hear they are super sensitive and loud.

-Cheers!

Back